We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Accommodation for 4 people under NZ$150 in Queenstown

noosa
Level Contributor
340 posts
71 reviews
Save Topic
Accommodation for 4 people under NZ$150 in Queenstown

I can't seem to get anything for this price mid September with cooking facilities, in walking distance to town. Even the holiday parks are over $170 p.n. unless you stay out of town. We don't want a backpackers, just clean, 4 beds and some cooking, even communal kitchen is fine.

Wellington, New...
Destination Expert
for Wellington, Bay of Islands
Level Contributor
10,115 posts
222 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Accommodation for 4 people under NZ$150 in Queenstown

How many places in Noosa can you find with cooking facilities that will house 4 people for a night within easy walking distance of Hastings Street on a casual basis? Not many I'm thinking. I wish you well in your endeavours but I think you maybe dreaming.

New Zealand
Destination Expert
for South Island
Level Contributor
28,441 posts
85 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Accommodation for 4 people under NZ$150 in Queenstown

Backpackers is your only hope unless you plan to go tenting.

Best of luck :)

noosa
Level Contributor
340 posts
71 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Accommodation for 4 people under NZ$150 in Queenstown

Forgot to mention 3 nights, not just one. I guess it is the Rugby bringing up prices, as now you can get accomodation for that price in Queenstown. Everywhere else like Mount Cook, Fox Glacier there is plenty nice places for under NZ$150. If it wasn't for the kids wanting some town action I would just stick with the little places.

Wellington, New...
Destination Expert
for Wellington, Bay of Islands
Level Contributor
10,115 posts
222 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Accommodation for 4 people under NZ$150 in Queenstown

One must bear in mind that Queenstown is probably one of the most expensive places in NZ to live due to high cost of land and accommodation. casual workers in the hospitality industry often dont stay long in the resort because their accommodation costs gobble up all their income.

noosa
Level Contributor
340 posts
71 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Accommodation for 4 people under NZ$150 in Queenstown

Understand beanb41 ! We will still go there and just self cater. That way we make up for the extra on accommodation cost. Our first night is at Lake Tekap, doing that Alphine park. Then Mt. Cook, if there is no snow on the road. Got a fantastic deal on an older car from ACE car rental for only $19 a day. Now THAT you definetly don't get in Australia. LOL.

BTW lots of Noosa Restaurants and accommodation offering really good deals to get people in due to bad times. So, if you want to visit NOW is the time.

Cheers

Auckland
Level Contributor
33 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Accommodation for 4 people under NZ$150 in Queenstown

You could try looking at home rentals?

This family room looks okay -

expedia.co.nz/…

Le Pradet, France
Level Contributor
33 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Accommodation for 4 people under NZ$150 in Queenstown

Try Pinewood - ok it'll take you about 15min to walk right into the centre (1.1km - which is considered walking distance in my books so not bad) and it is a backpackers, but they have fully self contained family units that sleep 4. The advertised rate for September is $120 plus $10 for each extra adult (not sure how it works for children) although not all days are available so suggest you get in quick if you're flexible with the dates for your stay.

So you may get want you need after all and save a little at the same time.

noosa
Level Contributor
340 posts
71 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Accommodation for 4 people under NZ$150 in Queenstown

It looks like we found the PERFECT place after all thanks to TRIPADVISOR:

Aspen Lodge, more a hotel then a backpackers. For only $136 for 2 rooms per night, communal kitchen and walking distance to town centre. Staff seem super nice. Just read the reviews!

tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Review-g255122-d121218…

I love this website.

Umbria, Italy
Destination Expert
for Sunshine Coast, Umbria
Level Contributor
4,550 posts
96 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Accommodation for 4 people under NZ$150 in Queenstown

....go to Bookabatch the only site for the wary traveller

Dunedin
Destination Expert
for Mana Island, Fiji
Level Contributor
2,033 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Accommodation for 4 people under NZ$150 in Queenstown

Hi, me again - today on Expedia (NZ) there is a deal for a backpackers type accommodation in Queenstown and or Wanaka ........as other postings say Queenstown is very expensive - whatever time of the year - Flicarose