We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Cardrona vs Coronet vs Treble cone

London, England...
1 post
1 review
Save Topic
Cardrona vs Coronet vs Treble cone

Hi I am going on a ski season to new zealand, I'll be living in Arrowtown so these resorts are the closest.

I was wondering which was the best for an advanced skier and snowboarder, I am a ski and snowboard instructor so like challenging runs.

Any help would be great.

Thanks

Oz
Level Contributor
12,385 posts
51 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Cardrona vs Coronet vs Treble cone

Hi robbo,

Don't forget to throw the Remarkables into the mix. Do you want to board/ski on or off piste? I would go with the snow and weather conditions on the

day to make an informed choice :-)

The Remarks have a great "board park" if you like that sort of thing?

I think I can hear chopper blades during your stay. Whatever you choose you will enjoy.

Cheers,

New Zealand
Destination Expert
for South Island
Level Contributor
28,315 posts
83 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Cardrona vs Coronet vs Treble cone

Welcome to the forum R :)

Coronet is the closest to Arrowtown, followed by Remarkables.

To ski at Wanaka's four skifields (Treble Cone, Cardrona, Snow Park and Snow Farm), it is best to stay in Wanaka. Arrowtown to Treble Cone is about 100 kms - a 90 minute drive in ideal conditions, considerably longer if the Crown range (NZ"s highest public road) is icy, snowy or closed.

Treble Cone (35 minutes from Wanaka) is the best in NZ for the advanced skier - and the views are sensational.

Snow Park (35 minutes from Wanaka) is the best for boarding.

lakewanaka.co.nz/new-zealand/…

Best of luck :)

New Zealand
Level Contributor
6 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Cardrona vs Coronet vs Treble cone

Hi Robbo

Without doubt size, challenge and space is all about Treble Cone. Saying that getting there from Arrowtown isn't a dream. You really need to be on the Wanaka side of the Crown range to make access less of a hassle. Also the best parks are definitely Cardrona and Snow park, so if you are into that then that is another reason to move your digs before its too late.

N

Christchurch, New...
Destination Expert
for South Island
Level Contributor
7,694 posts
194 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Cardrona vs Coronet vs Treble cone

Try them all and decide for yourself. Come back and tell us what you think. It's a hard, thankless task but someone has to do it. LOL

Australia
Level Contributor
39 posts
177 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Cardrona vs Coronet vs Treble cone

Treble Cone for me.

Ho Chi Minh City...
Level Contributor
4 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Cardrona vs Coronet vs Treble cone

Hey, this forum is a gem. am mulling over two jobs, one at TC as a barista and one at Cardrona at the ticket office, really stuck havent been to either- need advice! any help is massively appreciate, my fate is in your hands forum stranger.

Lizzie

Dunedin, New Zealand
Level Contributor
533 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Cardrona vs Coronet vs Treble cone

Lizzie, I can't help with ski fields advice. Just wanted to say I can't think of a greater culture shift than between Nhulunby and Wanaka's ski fields. Having spent time in both, they are two very different worlds. Good luck with that. A brave move indeed. A true adventurer.

New Zealand
Destination Expert
for South Island
Level Contributor
28,315 posts
83 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Cardrona vs Coronet vs Treble cone

Cardrona is a family friendly ski resort while TC is for the advanced and expert skier.

Spend the winter working in a ticket office or at a coffee bar? Only you can answer that.

Enjoy :)

Queenstown, New...
Level Contributor
1,789 posts
133 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Cardrona vs Coronet vs Treble cone

Treble Cone without a doubt

Ho Chi Minh City...
Level Contributor
4 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Cardrona vs Coronet vs Treble cone

TC it is, boarder friendly? Hope so... Thanks for all the advice, wish me luck!