We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Apex Car Rentals Recommended

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
14 posts
39 reviews
Save Topic
Apex Car Rentals Recommended

Great service from Gavin at the Queenstown Airport. Easy pick and drop off.

Tip: get the full insurance coverage. For just $25-$30 or so a day, you get peace of mind from theft, damage, loss. No need for inspection upon pick up or return. Even if the car was stolen or you return it a wreck, you have no liabilities. Also eliminates the fear of being charged for nicks and dents when you return the car.

Sydney, Australia
Destination Expert
for Sydney, Family Travel
Level Contributor
9,168 posts
157 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Apex Car Rentals Recommended

Of course I'm aware, Apex for our needs came out more expensive for newer cars than all of the majors we were considering actually. Perhaps the savings with Apex are for longer rentals?

Wellington, New...
Destination Expert
for Wellington, Bay of Islands
Level Contributor
10,170 posts
223 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: Apex Car Rentals Recommended

The days of Apex being considered a cut price operator in my opinion are long gone. The provide extremely good service at what is considered a fair price. The size of the company has over the years increased considerably to an extent that the only real difference between them is on site airport premises. In all other aspects Apex are very competitive.

I just wished that some of their customers wouldnt get lost going the wrong way on a Wellington motorway in peak hour traffic as we experienced an hour or so ago. But like a good kiwi we hopefully sent them in the right direction.

Edited: 05 April 2013, 06:17
13. Re: Apex Car Rentals Recommended

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 05 April 2013, 07:35
Rio de Janeiro, RJ
Level Contributor
1 post
261 reviews
Save Reply
14. Re: Apex Car Rentals Recommended

I loved their service. I booked in advanced and they always answered my questions. Everything get right. I had many places booked and the car was always there for me. I went to Christchurch by train and the car was there at the parking lot with my name. I made the arrangements at Grey-mouth train station. Just fantastic. I had a car in Auckland, Wellington and Christchurch. No problems and everything was just fine Strongly recommended.

Maleny, Australia
Level Contributor
1,134 posts
191 reviews
Save Reply
15. Re: Apex Car Rentals Recommended

We have just returned from a NZ holiday. Hired an Apex Ford Focus in Wellington and drove all the way north and dropped it off in Auckland. No troubles at all, friendly guys at each end. The guy in Wellington was scared of Auckland, the guy in Auckland had a huge smile on his face and just said thanks, hardly a glance at the car, didn't even want to see the paperwork. I would recommend them to anyone.

Auckland, New...
Level Contributor
9 posts
61 reviews
Save Reply
16. Re: Apex Car Rentals Recommended

We used Apex last weekend for a quick 2 day visit.

Nice and close to the Airport, the price quoted was awesome, we hired a 6 seater people mover.

Vehicle was neat and tidy, certainly not new but modern and discreet, not covered in company logos etc.

The guys were super friendly and helpful, paperwork was done and dusted quickly.

We booked through Flight Centre Queen St in Auckland so everything was sorted and clarified.....all too easy!!!

Wellington, New...
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
10,170 posts
223 reviews
Save Reply
17. Re: Apex Car Rentals Recommended

Kiwiguy what were the rates charged by the Flight Centre and did you use them rather than book direct?

Melbourne, Australia
1 post
Save Reply
18. Re: Apex Car Rentals Recommended

* * * * * FABULOUS CUSTOMER SERVICE, COMPETITIVE PRICING & BEAUTIFUL, CLEAN, FUEL-EFFICIENT CAR!!

Apex Car Rentals - Cairns, FNQ

- were not only completely professional & efficient in their customer service, but they went above and beyond to accommodate our needs as well as provide us with a brand new, clean, reliable and highly fuel efficient car.

We were collected from the airport - free of charge, right after our flight arrived, checked-in efficiently, sent off in a brand spanking new car with only a few km's on the clock, allowed a little extra time at the end after one simple phone call and found pricing very competitive and website transparent and easy to use. No hidden fees. No crazy excess charges. Great extras should we have needed them, and to top it off - driven back to the airport in time for our flight. Absolutely exceptional service - will definitely book with Apex next time to Cairns, and anywhere else for that matter. Highly recommended. Very, very happy customers :) :)

Wellington, New...
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
10,170 posts
223 reviews
Save Reply
19. Re: Apex Car Rentals Recommended

Now why would someone ( a first time poster) who lives in Melbourne Australia recommend a company operating out of Far North Queensland Australia on the Queenstown NZ forum?

Christchurch, New...
Level Contributor
328 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
20. Re: Apex Car Rentals Recommended

Hi bean I think our customer has just posted in the wrong place she had sent us a email to pass on to our cairns team thanking them for their service