We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Apex Car Rentals Recommended

Which Queenstown hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
14 posts
39 reviews
Save Topic
Apex Car Rentals Recommended

Great service from Gavin at the Queenstown Airport. Easy pick and drop off.

Tip: get the full insurance coverage. For just $25-$30 or so a day, you get peace of mind from theft, damage, loss. No need for inspection upon pick up or return. Even if the car was stolen or you return it a wreck, you have no liabilities. Also eliminates the fear of being charged for nicks and dents when you return the car.

Wellington, New...
Destination Expert
for Wellington, Bay of Islands
Level Contributor
10,069 posts
206 reviews
Save Reply
21. Re: Apex Car Rentals Recommended

I guess a VIctorian could mistake Queensland for Queenstown, they are pretty insular down there.

Edited: 24 June 2013, 20:46
Oz
Level Contributor
11,924 posts
51 reviews
Save Reply
22. Re: Apex Car Rentals Recommended

Hi,

It's the language barrier with the "Mexican" influence!

Cheers,

Notts,England
Level Contributor
1 post
127 reviews
Save Reply
23. Re: Apex Car Rentals Recommended

We have just returned to the UK. having toured both islands of NZ using an APEX car for 26 days.. There was no problem with collecting it at Christchurch, taking it on the ferry and dropping off at Auckland. They even booked the ferry crossing. We hired one of their newer? cars - a 2009 Camry with 108K kms on the clock. It ran well for the 3500kms we drove in it. All our pre-trip contact was all by email - these were dealt with quickly and efficiently. The staff at both depots were friendly and helpful, definitely a plus on customer service. I also took out an annual insurance excess policy in the UK - much cheaper than APEX own excess protection. Only 2 small minus points: I asked to be billed in NZ dollars but was charged in sterling which added a 2.5% conversion charge; and when I got back to the UK the was an answer-phone message asking where the car was? This was due to an administrative error and was quickly sorted. Based on my experience I would certainly recommend APEX for service and value for money.

Nova Scotia
Destination Expert
for Nova Scotia
Level Contributor
10,391 posts
161 reviews
Save Reply
24. Re: Apex Car Rentals Recommended

We rented an old car (Road trip special) from Apex (Christchurch) for 19 days. Service was excellent, especially the pickup at our motel and our leaving it there the last day for them to pick up. The car worked fine.

Level Contributor
1 post
12 reviews
Save Reply
25. Re: Apex Car Rentals Recommended

When looking for car hire for the 10 days of our NZ holiday Apex definitely came out as a competitive quote but, having read some bad reviews, we initially had doubts about using them. So glad we did as we had no issues at all and received wonderful service from the guys at Queenstown airport depot. We knew we would be covering a lot of kms, many on steep winding roads, so we chose a new ford focus that had ample power and all the extras to make the journey more comfortable ie bluetooth, cruise control etc. and were not disappointed, it also had ample room in the boot to store our luggage. Be warned though it takes premium unleaded which is an additional cost.

Whilst our travel insurance covered the excess on the basic policy, the excess on that was more than it cost to take out the extra protection for the 10 days which provided us with $0 excess and complete peace of mind.

Also took up their offer of buying a tank of fuel at a reduced cost because we new we would be going through more than a tank on our travels.

Would definitely use the service again.

Sydney, Australia
9 posts
Save Reply
26. Re: Apex Car Rentals Recommended

Just booked with Jucy for a week.

This entire thread just seems out of place and smells shady.

A car is a car - who cares about friendly service these days when it comes to such transactional items.

Ballarat, Australia
Level Contributor
1,318 posts
Save Reply
27. Re: Apex Car Rentals Recommended

A car is a car. The service makes the difference.

Queenstown, New...
Level Contributor
36 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
28. Re: Apex Car Rentals Recommended

Hi jaybee not so sure what you mean,are companies to be penalised for good service? Mind you I do understand your expectations re a rental car is a transaction, rented a car in Melbourne recently , had to check to make sure the rep wasn't actually wooden

29. Re: Apex Car Rentals Recommended

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 26 April 2015, 07:15