We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Catching the Tranz Alpine Express - Question about bus

dys
Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
333 posts
43 reviews
Save Topic
Catching the Tranz Alpine Express - Question about bus

Hi everyone,

There are 2 buses we can take from FJ to Greymouth - Naked Bus and InterCity. Both are about the same price, both stop at the railway station in Greymouth, but 1 arrives earlier than the other: Naked Bus at 12.30pm and InterCity at 1.15pm. The train departs at 1.45pm.

I've emailed the train company and they told me to double check with the bus companies if they drop off at the railway station and I've done so.

Are these buses punctual? The train company has said the train will not wait for passengers should there be any delay.

dys

Greymouth, New...
Destination Expert
for South Island
Level Contributor
3,856 posts
133 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Catching the Tranz Alpine Express - Question about bus

I would suggest using intercity option. They are very punctual and never miss a train

dys
Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
333 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Catching the Tranz Alpine Express - Question about bus

Thank you, coaster2 :)

dys

3. Re: Catching the Tranz Alpine Express - Question about bus

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 19 June 2013, 01:17