We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Taxi from Q airport to our hotel

Which Queenstown hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
San Diego
Level Contributor
483 posts
165 reviews
Save Topic
Taxi from Q airport to our hotel

Hello, TA buddies,

our place is 70 Panorama Terrace which is only 6k away from the hotel. Any idea how much a taxi would cost? We are 4 with luggage and I am weighing our options. We will be dropping off our car at the airport. We also could drop off the other couple and just travel without luggage in a taxi. OR, we could take connectabus, which seems like a hassle. Thank you, I have no idea how expensive taxis are in Q'.

South Island
Destination Expert
for South Island
Level Contributor
1,399 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Taxi from Q airport to our hotel

I have found taxis very expensive in Queenstown. The public bus service is vastly improved and a more economic option.

New Zealand
Destination Expert
for South Island
Level Contributor
28,297 posts
81 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Taxi from Q airport to our hotel

According to this site, the fare would be $26

www.taxiautofare.com/nz/Default.aspx…

why not check directly with Green Cabs to verify?

South Island
Destination Expert
for South Island
Level Contributor
1,399 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Taxi from Q airport to our hotel

Most taxis charge extra for Queenstown airport pickups. Probably to the benefit of our Auckland shareholder cousins and referred to as an airport surcharge.

The cost of leaving a private car at the airport can often be more expensive than the flight.

Edited: 02 September 2012, 05:03
San Diego
Level Contributor
483 posts
165 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Taxi from Q airport to our hotel

Thank you all for your insight. I am thinking we will drop our traveling companions off at our lodge and then turn in our rental car at the airport.

Hubbie and I can catch the bus back since it runs every 15 minutes. It sounds convenient. Our philosophy is to save where we can and splurge when we really can enjoy it. Every little savings adds up. Ah, 2 more beers for the boys! :)

Cheers!

Te Anau
Destination Expert
for South Island, Te Anau
Level Contributor
2,898 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Taxi from Q airport to our hotel

If you talk nicely to the staff at the rental car drop off they might run you back to your accommodation. Depends how busy they are, but I've always found them fairly obliging.

San Diego
Level Contributor
483 posts
165 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Taxi from Q airport to our hotel

Thank you all. Hey, I will give that a shot about talking to the rental fellas. Cheers! Can't wait to visit!

7. Re: Taxi from Q airport to our hotel

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10 October 2013, 10:16