We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hilton hotel or kawarau hotel managed by Hilton location

uk
Level Contributor
74 posts
7 reviews
Save Topic
Hilton hotel or kawarau hotel managed by Hilton location

I am considering staying in one of these hotels for 3 nights in our visit to Queenstown in February. Does anyone know if they are beside each other or which is the best location etc. Torn between the two as one has kitchenette and other has leisure facilities. They both seem reasonably priced. Look forward to responses.

Thanks in advance.

E

Birmingham, United...
Level Contributor
1,454 posts
143 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Hilton hotel or kawarau hotel managed by Hilton location

Hi, if you click on the "Queenstown Hotels" tab above and to the left on this page you can find the hotels and they each have a wee map showing where they are.

2. Re: Hilton hotel or kawarau hotel managed by Hilton location

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 11 June 2015, 15:05
Queenstown, Otago...
Level Contributor
3 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Hilton hotel or kawarau hotel managed by Hilton location

Yes - both Hotels are within the Kawarau Village and both managed by Hilton. See the website - http://www.queenstownhilton.co.nz/

The Hilton is the 5 star property with access to the swimming pool / gym etc. The rooms are very luxurious with individual fireplaces and flat screen TV's etc. The Kawarau Hotel is the 4 star property ( much smaller rooms ) howver they do have small kitchens in them .... service in both hotels is great and there are 3 restaurants on site. Water taxi into Queenstown .... you will love it !!

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
337 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Hilton hotel or kawarau hotel managed by Hilton location

Hi Glebe 129,

We just spent five nights at the Hilton Queenstown. - We stayed in the Wakatipu suites and these were lovely. They are situated in a sperate block of suites in front of the main Hilton building so they have the best views ( although you don't have to go outside to connect with the rest of the property, you just walk along a passage to the lifts to the main building) and they all have gas log fires, large balcony with table and chairs ( Ground floor has Jucuzzi baths instead of balcony).

You can charge items to your room from either property so it's just a matter of whether or not you want 4 or 5 star or a kitchen really. - For us, the views from the suite of the lake were worth the extra. - I would go with a Wakatipu suite for maximum eyeball enjoyment factor !!

We also ate at "Me & Mee" noodle bar which is owned by Michelin trained chef Peter Thornley, who is also head chef at the Queenstown Hilton. Not only was it easy to charge this back to our room, but the food is deeeee - licious!!.

They have a great raised fire pit with a huge circular lounge outside and this is fantastic to sit at as well and take in the view over a few quiet drinks.

Its a 60 - 90 minute walk into town depending on how fast you want to go, but the walks are lovely and the grounds are surrounded by newly landscaped paths as the Hilton was only completed in 2011. - Plenty of other options for town, shuttle bus, water taxi, taxi or rental car if you get one.

If you don't mind being a 10 minute drive from Queenstown this will work for you.

We also loved the spa and our overall experience was great.

uk
Level Contributor
74 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Hilton hotel or kawarau hotel managed by Hilton location

Many thanks to all who responded.

I have booked the 5* Hilton with breakfast for 3 nights. RelaxwithMax it's good to know that roughly an hour walks you into town. Looking forward to my stay.

Auckland, New...
Level Contributor
811 posts
90 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Hilton hotel or kawarau hotel managed by Hilton location

Hi Max,

You say in your review and your post # 4 that the Hilton runs a shuttle into town. I wrote directly to the Hilton Queenstown and this is their reply.

Good morning

Unfortunately we do not run a shuttle into Queenstown, there is a public bus that picks up from the hotel once per hour from 720am until 850pm (twice per hour during peak times). This same bus service does several trips per day to Arrowtown as well. www.connectabus.com Trips are $7 one way or $8 return to town or you can purchase a ‘Day pass’ for $17 which would include Arrowtown.

For your other questions these have been forwarded onto the relevant departments who will respond to you directly.

Thanks

Yours in service through friendship

NATHAN WISE I Chief Concierge

Member of Les Clefs d’Or New Zealand

HILTON QUEENSTOWN

KAWARAU HOTEL, MANAGED BY HILTON

I would recommend anyone considering staying at the Hilton without a car to check out the bus timetables as the buses are not particularly regular and nor are the ferries especially at night time.

Mentioned in this post
Arrowtown
Arrowtown
Otago Region, New Zealand
Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
337 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Hilton hotel or kawarau hotel managed by Hilton location

Hi Toody04,

I took my management team and their partners there for an incentive trip earlier this month. I booked 7 Lake Wakitipu suites for the group.The Hilton provided us with the complimentary shuttle bus arrangement.

I assumed this was a standard offering, but it would appear from your post its not.

I had a local DMC ( Destination Management Company ) organize all of the ground arrangements for us and i was just told we would have a complimentary shuttle service provided by the hotel. - Sorry for any confusion, didnt realize this was just for us. - They do have their own bus though because we used it. - of that i am certain!

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
337 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Hilton hotel or kawarau hotel managed by Hilton location

Hi Glebe129,

Hope you like it. Hope you also booked something with a view ! - Its worth it.

Have fun.

Auckland, New...
Level Contributor
811 posts
90 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Hilton hotel or kawarau hotel managed by Hilton location

Hi Max,

Yes the shuttle must have been arranged just for your group - I guess if you're spending a large amount of money on a big group they will make an exception.

I know of people not booking conferences at the Hilton because of the distance and difficulty getting to Queenstown.

I agree with all Global Traveller says on post #2

10. Re: Hilton hotel or kawarau hotel managed by Hilton location

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 16 December 2013, 23:16