We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

one-way car rental to Christchurch... Jucy or the big guys?

Which Queenstown hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Boston, MA
Level Contributor
308 posts
7 reviews
Save Topic
one-way car rental to Christchurch... Jucy or the big guys?

yet another Jucy question.. I did some search here in TA, but hope someone will help answer my specific questions..

We are planning for a family trip, picking up a rental car (an 8-seater van) in Queenstown airport, drive all the way to Christchurch and return the car there at the airport. Jucy offers the best price (about half of what the big guys like Hertz or Budget offer). I understand I cannot expect the same brand new van I would have gotten from Hertz or Budget, but how old will the Jucy van be really? Are we talking about a 5-year old or a 10-year old one? Some posters here also said they were shocked to find Jucy cars dirty both inside and outside at pick up. Is that something I will have to expect for my Jucy van too?

The most important question for me really is whether I will have a hassle-free drop off with Jucy at the Christchurch airport. We have a very early flight out and would love a quick and pain-free drop off. There were stories of Jucy staff claiming the tank was not filled, etc. I do not want that. Should I take a chance with Jucy or better go with the big guys (Hertz, Budget) and save my headache?

Hope someone can help. Thanks!

1. Re: one-way car rental to Christchurch... Jucy or the big guys?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 11 June 2015, 00:05
Wellington, New...
Destination Expert
for Wellington, Bay of Islands
Level Contributor
10,073 posts
206 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: one-way car rental to Christchurch... Jucy or the big guys?

Check out Apex who have offices in Queenstown and off site at CHCH airport

3. Re: one-way car rental to Christchurch... Jucy or the big guys?

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 11 June 2015, 00:05
Boston, MA
Level Contributor
308 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: one-way car rental to Christchurch... Jucy or the big guys?

Thanks Bean, Global-Travel!

Is Apex closer to the tier 1 vendors than Jucy (i.e., less hassle return, etc.)? The car being newer or older is not a primary concern, but it's good to know if Apex offers new cars too.

Wellington, New...
Destination Expert
for Wellington, Bay of Islands
Level Contributor
10,073 posts
206 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: one-way car rental to Christchurch... Jucy or the big guys?

Apex in my view cannot be treated as a 2nd tier operator. Across the country they probably have more veicles available than most of the so called majors. Avis didnt spend millions of dollars buying up the company if they didnt see the value there. The company is still under kiwi management by the way. Apex have a range of vehicles and ages depending upon budget. Jucy is geared towards a more budget concious customer.

6. Re: one-way car rental to Christchurch... Jucy or the big guys?

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 28 February 2014, 05:17