We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Jucy Car hire in Queenstown

Wanganui
Level Contributor
4 posts
21 reviews
Save Topic
Jucy Car hire in Queenstown

If you are planning to arrive at Queenstown Airport after 5.00pm do not book with Jucy. Even if you have a confirmed booking they will not wait for you. I recently booked a Jucy car on-line to pick up at 5.30pm because my flight was due in at 5.10pm. They accepted the booking but advised me I would have to pick up the car by 5.00pm at the latest or would have to collect it the following day. I queried this by phone with their Customer Relations people. They confirmed I could not pick up the car after 5.00pm because "they closed at 5.30pm". (??). I therefore cancelled the booking and when I arrived home from my holiday found they had charged me a cancellation fee !!! I eventually booked with Budget. They were more expensive but they did wait for me and were able to provide a car when I needed it.

South Island
Destination Expert
for South Island
Level Contributor
1,406 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Jucy Car hire in Queenstown

Some friends of mine had a similar experience with Jucy and they questioned the cancellation fee and after many phone calls Jucy finally refunded the charges.

Wanganui
Level Contributor
4 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Jucy Car hire in Queenstown

Previously I have only had good experiences with Jucy but I was sadly disappointed this time. They haven't even had the curtesy to reply to my complaint !

Wellington, New...
Destination Expert
for Wellington, Bay of Islands
Level Contributor
10,102 posts
222 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Jucy Car hire in Queenstown

To be fair to Jucy they advised you that you would have to collect the vehicle before 5.00pm, yet you continued with the booking knowing you were scheduled to arrive after the 5.00 pm deadline. Cant figure some people.

New Zealand
Destination Expert
for South Island
Level Contributor
28,388 posts
84 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Jucy Car hire in Queenstown

Bean, to be fair to Mike they advised his car booked for 5:30pm would need to be collected by 5pm only after they had confirmed his booking.

Surely the onus is on Jucy to state this before taking his booking? And to then charge a cancellation fee given the circumstances seems outrageous to me.

Wellington, New...
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
10,102 posts
222 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Jucy Car hire in Queenstown

I maybe missing something in the translation here so I have sent the following PM to Jucylucy who has been a spokesperson for the company ion the past. Hope it gets the right result

Lucy there seems to be a problem with the way Jucy has treated this customer. I have had a good look through your online conditions and it can be assumed that your Queenstown office is open until 5.30pm. Local staff have amended these timings and because the client couldnt meet the 5.30 deadline you charged him a cancellation fee. Am I missing something from this thread. Please come back in open forum with an update please

tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g255122-i730-k6195829-J…

Christchurch, New...
Destination Expert
for Zhuhai, Christchurch, South Island
Level Contributor
34,139 posts
340 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Jucy Car hire in Queenstown

I had a similar situation with Apex last month in Chch - flight arriving after the office closed - NO PROBLEM to Apex - car was left in the short term car-park with keys in the glove box & the parking ticket on the seat. As usual my vote for customer service goes to Apex.

BTW would this happen anywhere else (leaving the car unlocked, I mean)?

Wanganui
Level Contributor
4 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Jucy Car hire in Queenstown

I would just add that when making a booking on-line you are asked to check the procedures for late arrivals. This I did. The procedures only seem to cover Auckland, Wellington and Christchurch. No mention of Queenstown. As Queenstown is an international airport I assumed that arriving at 17.10pm would not be "late". Perhaps the on-line booking procedure needs reviewing. Thanks Bean, I look forward to hearing what Jucy have to say.

Mumbai (Bombay...
Level Contributor
4 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Jucy Car hire in Queenstown

I had bad experience with Jucy as well. I booked Jucy for the offers they were running for sky diving and other activities but the money i saved was made up by the not so good quality of the car. The car i had, quality was not upto mark. AC was not working properly. Button on car key was not working. Mileage was bad. Drop off parkings in Christchurch was very far and very difficult to locate. I had a flight at 6 am and i took almost an hour to locate the jucy drop off facility and walk at least a km to reach terminal with my luggage. I had used gorentals in north island which was much more convenient and similar price.

Wellington, New...
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
10,102 posts
222 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Jucy Car hire in Queenstown

Where do these first time naysayers come from?

Auckland, New...
Level Contributor
19 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: Jucy Car hire in Queenstown

Hi there

Thank you for your comments and i'm sorry there was a misunderstanding around the late pick up time.

If you'd like to email me directly with your booking number, i can look into it further for you. lucy@jucy.co.nz

Thanks