We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Artist Itinerary

Charlotte
Level Contributor
45 posts
34 reviews
Save Topic
Artist Itinerary

I am a very adventurous 57,doing artist residency 1.5 week on barrier reef heron island and doing two other things on mainland Oz.On very tight budget, but decided I should try to see NZ.5 days fly from sydney to auk and flight to queenstown.Milford S looks awesome,bungee/yes.I know its crazy short time but need any guidance and tips for $ accomodations.Thanks!!

New Zealand
Level Contributor
5,062 posts
292 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Artist Itinerary

You could fly direct from Sydney to Queenstown. That would make the most of the short time you've got.

Christchurch, New...
Destination Expert
for Zhuhai, Christchurch, South Island
Level Contributor
33,653 posts
331 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Artist Itinerary

Welcome! What time of year will you be coming? Yes flying direct to Queenstown (or CHC) would save a lot of time.

Depending on time of year here is a suggestion

1. Arr QTN

2. Explore (LOTR tour, jet boating, TSS Earnslaw etc)

3. Day trip by coach to Milford Sound

4. Coach to Mt Cook

5. Coach to Christchurch

6. Fly to ...?

Charlotte
Level Contributor
45 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Artist Itinerary

done

Oz
Level Contributor
12,507 posts
51 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Artist Itinerary

Hi,

I see that you have posted in both the Oz and NZ forums. "Artist residency" are we talking visual where the quality of light is important or a word smith where being inspired is important?

Cheers,

Charlotte
Level Contributor
45 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Artist Itinerary

Ozrcflyer I am an artist in residence at Heron Island research station for a week and then I just plan to see wondrous things for the two weeks after that

Oz
Level Contributor
12,507 posts
51 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Artist Itinerary

Hi,

Well it's a "tough life" but then someone has to do it :-).

All I could do is echo zhuhai2007's excellent advice and suggest that a flight over Fiordland is totally amazing in a visual sense as there are around 14 fiords and the conventional wisdom is God practiced in Norway and when the fiord creation was perfected Fiordland was created.

Cheers,

Edited: 29 March 2013, 02:45
7. Re: Artist Itinerary

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 30 March 2014, 05:17