We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Skiing Beginning of June 13'

Sydney, Australia
2 posts
Save Topic
Skiing Beginning of June 13'

Hi there,

me and my friend are going to Auckland on the 29th of May and we leave on the 5th of June.

Do you think it is an good idea to go skiing at that time for example in Queenstown etc.? We know that the ski season just starts at the beginning of June so we are not pretty sure if that is a good idea.

Or does anybody else have a good idea what to do in NZ for only one week?

Thanks a lot. We are really looking forward to hearing from you

Nike and Katha

Oz
Level Contributor
12,646 posts
51 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Skiing Beginning of June 13'

Hi,

I dont think the season starts until 21/06/2013

Cheers,

Rockhampton...
Level Contributor
156 posts
127 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Skiing Beginning of June 13'

Hi,

Coronet Peak ski season opening is 8th June, but is of course snow cover and weather dependent. Remarks as OZ says, is due to kick off on about the 21st June. If there is plenty of snow and the weather is favourable then hopefully by then skiing will be an option.

The winter festival kick starts the official winter sports season which is on the 21st June in Queenstown.

Cheers

Christchurch, New...
Destination Expert
for Zhuhai, Christchurch, South Island
Level Contributor
34,190 posts
340 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Skiing Beginning of June 13'

In the NI, Whakapapa & Turoa don't open until the 26th June.

Your best plan would be to visit Rotorua & Taupo and/ or the Bay of Islands - 3-4 days each would be a rushed trip.

Queenstown, New...
Level Contributor
1,797 posts
133 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Skiing Beginning of June 13'

I wouldn't think about skiing.

The snow last year was man made for the month of June , and you were limited to 3 different runs only. It was average to boring. The real snow came from memory, in the 1st week of July.

5. Re: Skiing Beginning of June 13'

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 28 April 2014, 05:18