We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Queenstown/wanaka questions.

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
5 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Queenstown/wanaka questions.

Hi, me and the girlfriend are flying into Queenstown 21st June and leave 30th.

We're fairly novice snowboarders and have heard cardrona may be a better option for us.

We're keen to hang out and check out the winter festival, do some adventure sports aswell as plent of snowboarding. We will have our own car so we can get around to places such as rob Roy glacier.

The question I have is would it be better to spend more time in queenstown or wanaka. We plan on having a few drinks a couple of nights but our main aim is to get in plenty of snowboarding (hopefully there's decent snow by then) at the moment we're thinking 5 nights in queenstown and 4 in wanaka.

Also any info on the different ski lift tickets would be appreciated, is it possible to buy 2,3,4 day passes?

Thanks in advance, anything else anyone thinks we should check out feel free to add.

Thanks

NewZealand
Level Contributor
125 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Queenstown/wanaka questions.

I like Cardrona as it is less crowded but for boarding remarks is good too. We already have snow so I would say you are on track to utilise any area you choose. Queenstown is party central, Wanaka is quieter. Cardrona is quite a way from Wanaka central. Half way between Wanaka and Queenstown really.

Queenstown is your 24 hour party town with accom and everything happening in the centre.

If self driving carry chains, travel slow in the heat of the day - keep left.

12. Re: Queenstown/wanaka questions.

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 13 June 2014, 07:18