We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Skyline Restaurant

Which Queenstown hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
brisbane
Level Contributor
528 posts
30 reviews
Save Topic
Skyline Restaurant

Interested to hear from recent visitors to the Skyline Restaurant. We are considering going their to celebrate a birthday the day we arrive in Queenstown. Travelling with kids. Would like something nice but not over the top expensive. Recommendations would be happily welcomed :)

Te Anau
Destination Expert
for South Island, Te Anau
Level Contributor
2,801 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Skyline Restaurant

I think the Skyline would be a great choice, especially with kids, as there is so much to do. Also, as it's a buffet, the kids can choose what they like, rather than ordering some expensive dish and not eating it (been there,done that :)

Can't comment on price, I leave the financials to my better half, but for a great night out the Skyline is hard to beat. I also recommend Flames, but possibly not as good as Skyline with kids.

Wanaka, New Zealand
Level Contributor
2,995 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Skyline Restaurant

Skyline is not a cheap place to eat, but a buffet is always good value (if you have kids that eat like mine!)

Here are the prices for gondola ride + dinner. I don't know hoe many kids they count as a family, probably 2.

https:/…

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
480 posts
93 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Skyline Restaurant

I thought the Rotorua skyline buffet was much better than the Queenstown but it was nice.

If you time it, you can visit the kiwi center at the bottom of the gondala first or let the kids do the luge/go kart thing from the top before dinner and time it for sunset so you can see the city lights after dinner and before you leave.

No guarantee you will get a window seat but you can ask

Something nice but not over the top expensive, I liked the dinner we had at Speights. Dont know how old your kids are because not much to entertain kids but they have an outdoor area

Nelson-Tasman...
Level Contributor
6,814 posts
419 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Skyline Restaurant

Check out the reviews on trip advisor.

there are 314 reviews and its four star rated.

brisbane
Level Contributor
528 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Skyline Restaurant

Thanks everyone. KIds are aged between 9 and 12 and would enjoy the buffet..or at least the dessert counter!! I'll make a reservation. Cheers :)

6. Re: Skyline Restaurant

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 07 September 2014, 06:20