We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Fox Glacier Accomadation

Sydney, Australia
7 posts
Save Topic
Fox Glacier Accomadation

can anyone recommend some good hotels in Fox Glacier, we are stoping there as part of our honeymoon so would like somewhere thats not a dump

Sydney, Australia
7 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Fox Glacier Accomadation

accommodation

New Zealand
Destination Expert
for South Island
Level Contributor
28,396 posts
85 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Fox Glacier Accomadation

Nope, I've never stayed in Fox.

Why not check Fox reviews for the top rated accommodations?

tripadvisor.com/Tourism-g609169-Fox_Glacier_…

best wishes for your honeymoon :)

Greymouth, New...
Destination Expert
for South Island
Level Contributor
3,883 posts
139 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Fox Glacier Accomadation

There is only one hotel, I have stayed there. I had what they termed as their honeymoon suite which was very nice. it is a corner room complete with a balcony. it is an old hotel, but as you may have discovered some old hotels can be very nice. most of this hotel has been refurbished. The only issue i had with it was had had put my socks on, then when back into the bathroom, and slipped on the shiny floor tiles. i landed quite heavily on the hard floor. so never where just socks on your feet in the bathroom. Enjoy your honeymoon in NZ and on the west coast

Sydney, Australia
7 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Fox Glacier Accomadation

thanks coaster2, would you happen to remember the name.

Thanks WLnz been on there but all the accommodation looks average thats why I put this post up

Christchurch, New...
Destination Expert
for Zhuhai, Christchurch, South Island
Level Contributor
34,190 posts
340 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Fox Glacier Accomadation

It is a tiny village with one pub & a couple of motels. FJG might offer more variety.

Or you might like to try Wilderness Lodge at Lake Moeraki:

wildernesslodge.co.nz/wildernesslodge/…

Edited: 20 January 2014, 06:27
Nelson-Tasman...
Level Contributor
7,626 posts
437 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Fox Glacier Accomadation

Check the trip advisor reviews for Fox glacier and franz townships. these are reviews by hundreds of travelles like yourself so you can benefit. Perhaps more views than a forum can offer too.

Edited: 20 January 2014, 08:11
Oz
Level Contributor
12,646 posts
51 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Fox Glacier Accomadation

Hi,

We were in Fox last August and had the worst motel we have ever stayed at in NZ over many, many trips. Don't stay at the Sunset Motel @ Fox, see our review. The cafe which is also the shop and booking office for Fox Guides was excellent.

Haven't been in the pub but it looked fresh painted and was busy.

Cheers,

Edited: 20 January 2014, 19:08
sunshine coast qld
Level Contributor
76 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Fox Glacier Accomadation

Hi,

We have stayed at both places and I suggest you forget Fox and stay at Franz Joseph instead. Franz Joseph is a quaint little village, great little cafes and restaurants and quite a few motels to choose from. Whereas Fox has the pub only two choices of accomodation (at least thats all when I was there last) neither that flash, a general store, souveniour shop and thats about it. Franz has a great little vibe about it and you can always call into Fox on the way through, they are not that far apart. Have fun.

9. Re: Fox Glacier Accomadation

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 23 January 2015, 05:18