We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Luxury boutique accomadation in Queenstown

Which Queenstown hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
33 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Luxury boutique accomadation in Queenstown

Can anyone recommend some luxury boutique style accomadation in Queenstown for myself and wife for our anniversary in early April. Ideally it would be walking distance to town,self contained with lake/mountain views.We have seen some beautiful places but they are ridiculously priced.

We dont mind spending up to around $600 per night for something special.

Hope someone can help.

New Zealand
Destination Expert
for South Island
Level Contributor
28,297 posts
81 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Luxury boutique accomadation in Queenstown

take a look here - www.newzealand.com/int/accommodation/search/

plus this - I haven't been to this property but it fits within your price range - not self-contained

newzealand.com/int/…

happy anniversary :)

Level Contributor
306 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Luxury boutique accomadation in Queenstown

You may have already noticed that most of the "luxury" boutique accommodation is NOT located in the downtown area. Downtown is more the preserve of the chain hotels - most good & consistent like McDonalds.

Reading further, you'll see that the best of this boutique luxury accommodation is distinguished by fine cuisine.

Suggest then that if if this is what would make your anniversary special you should look in the areas of Sunshine Bay or Queenstown's historic precinct of Arrowtown. Just 15-min from downtown, in the historic quarter you'll find stylish boutique hotels within a couple of minutes walk of several of Queentown's best restaurants including Saffron on the Conde Nast Top 100 List, Amisfield Bistro, 2014 Winery Restaurant of the Year & La Rumbla for plates inspired by Spanish Tapas. Food for thought!

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
33 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Luxury boutique accomadation in Queenstown

Thanks for your help.I will take a look at these sites and see what happens.

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
33 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Luxury boutique accomadation in Queenstown

Thanks for your reply.You are right about the fine dinning being included in in the up market lodges tariffs. They just seem very overpriced.If the food and drinks were say $400 a head each per day it means they are charging about $1000 per day for your room.

I will certainly follow up your suggestions.

Thanks again,

Auckland
Level Contributor
178 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Luxury boutique accomadation in Queenstown

For a romantic birthday celebration I earned a lot of brownie points taking my wife to Arrowtown House Boutique Hotel. Amazing in-house dining and excellent restaurants only few minutes walk away. This neighbourhood has a really nice, quietly sophisticated ambience - Perfect for special occasions

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
33 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Luxury boutique accomadation in Queenstown

Thanks for the info. I will take a look.

Perth, WA
Destination Expert
for Seminyak
Level Contributor
4,782 posts
93 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Luxury boutique accomadation in Queenstown

If staying in Arrowtown is there public transport to get to the Q'town attractions - or do you have to endure the hassle of parking?

I recently asked about some luxury accommodation and came to the same conclusion as you regarding the prices :-) Unless you have a couple of days spare to laze around and enjoy the ambience and amenities, it seems sinful to spend so much. I suppose really it's horses for courses, depending on your financial situation.

New Zealand
Destination Expert
for South Island
Level Contributor
28,297 posts
81 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Luxury boutique accomadation in Queenstown

connectabus.com/timetables/Route-10-Arrowtown

Picton
Level Contributor
526 posts
72 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Luxury boutique accomadation in Queenstown

Surprised no one has recommended The Dairy.

Singapore, Singapore
2 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: Luxury boutique accomadation in Queenstown

newzealand.com/int/…