We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Queenstown Accomodation - First timer

Which Queenstown hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Australia
Level Contributor
227 posts
35 reviews
Save Topic
Queenstown Accomodation - First timer

Hi Guys,

I'm heading to Queenstown for a week to go skiing, currently looking at accomodations that is convenient . Budget is approximately 350Aud a night, currently looking at The Rees but am wondering if there are any other hotels i should also consider?.

Thanks!

New Zealand
Destination Expert
for South Island
Level Contributor
28,297 posts
74 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Queenstown Accomodation - First timer

The Rees has good reviews - and lovely views, as does much of Queenstown's accommodation.

My preferance would be to stay closer to the town centre so you can easily walk to the bars and restaurants. The Rees is probably a 30 minute walk in good conditions but the footpath up the hill could be icy after dark.

wotif.co.nz/hotels/…

best of luck :)

New Zealand
Destination Expert
for South Island
Level Contributor
28,297 posts
74 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Queenstown Accomodation - First timer

The two places I recommend the most - haven't stayed in either but friends have and so i've seen the rooms and enjoyed the service - Novotel - can't get much more central than that - and St Moritz, a short walk, stunning views.

Always ask for a lake view room.

You will love Queenstown, enjoy :)

Mumbai (Bombay...
Level Contributor
936 posts
110 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Queenstown Accomodation - First timer

Hi,

I would recommend Crowne Plaza. I was amazed by their service and their location in excellent.

Regards,

Kavita

Terrigal, Australia
Level Contributor
2,273 posts
597 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Queenstown Accomodation - First timer

after much research on ta - have booked crowne plaza - lakeview room for our forthcoming trip - within your budget - see ta reviews for location and positive comment/s

Sydney
Level Contributor
192 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Queenstown Accomodation - First timer

It's not as fancy as the others mentioned and is a little bit out of town towards Glenorchy, but I have stayed at the Heritage Queenstown a couple times and if you get a Lake View room the views are better than any other hotel i've stayed at in Queenstown, including the Rees.

6. Re: Queenstown Accomodation - First timer

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 22 June 2015, 05:16