We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Cheap/portable food?

Which Queenstown hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Canada
Level Contributor
60 posts
12 reviews
Save Topic
Cheap/portable food?

Hi everyone!

I'll be staying in Queenstown for about a week, but unfortunately my hotel doesn't have a built in kitchen. Since I don't want to subsist entirely on Subway sandwiches, and I'm sure Queenstown has some great places to eat food that can be taken away, I'm wondering if anyone can recommend them. I've heard great things about FergBakery, and will definitely be trying them, but looking for anything else as well!

Arrowtown suggestions are good too, as we're staying at Millbrook, so the food will be warmer when we get back if we're there.

Auckland, New...
Level Contributor
1,957 posts
116 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Cheap/portable food?

La Rumbla in Arrowtown is great, and the Arrowtown Bakery has pies that are the best I have ever eaten.

Also try Atlas in Queenstown, and Kapa in the Queenstown Mall

2. Re: Cheap/portable food?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post has been removed at the author's request. The author may post again if desired.

Posts on the TripAdvisor forums may be edited for a short period of time. Once the edit period has expired, authors may update their posts by removing and reposting them.

To read more about editing your posts, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/help/how_to_edit_your_posts

Removed on: 04 June 2015, 11:13
Auckland Region...
Level Contributor
175 posts
84 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Cheap/portable food?

Providores cafe in Arrowtown does great food.

Canada
Level Contributor
60 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Cheap/portable food?

Thanks everyone for the advice! And haha yeah, just because I'm staying at Millbrook doesn't mean I want to eat restaurant meals thrice a day!

5. Re: Cheap/portable food?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 15 August 2015, 05:16