We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

i originally posted this in the auckland forums WRONG !

sydney
Level Contributor
66 posts
140 reviews
Save Topic
i originally posted this in the auckland forums WRONG !

ok here goes we are going to NZ later this year and cant decide whether to have 2 nights in wanaka so paintball will be on the agenda etc and 2 nights at franz joseph and 1 night in christchurch then fly home OR

drive straight from Te Anau to Franz Joseph (3 night stay ) then to christchurch (2 night stay )

any ideas? all ideas will be gladly received and we will not hold anyone responsible for their opinions lol lol

it will help our discussion ( argument ) thanks everyone and happy travelling

South Island
Destination Expert
for South Island
Level Contributor
1,416 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: i originally posted this in the auckland forums WRONG !

Driving from Te Anau to Franz Joseph is possible but in my opinion its madness. If you want to explore the landscape and do the little walks etc. You could spend a whole day to travelling from Wanaka to Haast.

Take care on the roads travel times can be deceptive especially up the west coast.

New Zealand
Destination Expert
for South Island
Level Contributor
28,461 posts
85 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: i originally posted this in the auckland forums WRONG !

tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g255106-i404-k4420…

sydney
Level Contributor
66 posts
140 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: i originally posted this in the auckland forums WRONG !

South island bill : thank you !! i think a stop in wanaka is the way to go myself we have been to wanaka once b4 just an overnight in at 9pm out at 9 am it would be really good to see some of the sights of wanaka

thanks again

Edited: 23 April 2011, 03:59
sydney
Level Contributor
66 posts
140 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: i originally posted this in the auckland forums WRONG !

Bill

thanks for ur honest opinion we have now decided to have a couple nights at wanaka (because we will have already stayed at queenstown on the trip) off to franz and then onto Hanmer springs instead of christchurch because we are flying out late we will have plenty of time to explore Hanmer and put it on the list for our next trip to NZ thanks bill for ur advice I cant wait to get on the plane and be back in NZ

5. Re: i originally posted this in the auckland forums WRONG !

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 30 October 2012, 17:16