We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Milford Road closure

Liphook, United...
Level Contributor
139 posts
92 reviews
Save Topic
Milford Road closure

Hi

Is it right the Milford Road is closed because of a rock fall? We are hoping to travel it next month, but maybe will have to change our plan>?

Johor Bahru...
Level Contributor
1,467 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Milford Road closure

posted by DE WL

tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g255116-i729-k5899…

and the helpful link

…govt.nz/projects/milfordroad/RoadStatus.do

Newport Beach...
Level Contributor
56 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Milford Road closure

Uh oh......does this affect access to the Milford Track? I looked all over the Dept. of Conservation parks site but they are not mentioning it. We're booked to take Tracknet to the track on Sunday. Thanks,

New Zealand
Destination Expert
for South Island
Level Contributor
28,369 posts
84 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Milford Road closure

jjjl - see here tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g255116-i729-k5899…

jmum - don't change your plans yet - the road may well be open next month - and you can still helicopter there.

Edited: 14 November 2012, 17:37
Asia
Level Contributor
98 posts
214 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Milford Road closure

Check the website for up to date information! we just got back from Milford Sound. There is road work in a couple of spots in the road, but they try to keep the road open for all the tourists, of course!

5. Re: Milford Road closure

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 16 December 2013, 14:17