We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Accomadation recomendation

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
33 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
Accomadation recomendation

Can anyone recommend some upmarket boutique style accomadation in Te Anau area for a few nights for myself and wife. We will be travelling there in 1 weeks time an celebrating our anniversary so something special would be great.

Auckland Central...
Level Contributor
1,997 posts
116 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Accomadation recomendation

Te Anau plus upmarket boutique aren't things that I would normally put together.....

California
Level Contributor
7,858 posts
72 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Accomadation recomendation

The Croft comes recommended. I haven't stayed there myself.

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
33 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Accomadation recomendation

Fair enough

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
33 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Accomadation recomendation

Thanks for info. I will look into it.

Nelson-Tasman...
Level Contributor
7,613 posts
437 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Accomadation recomendation

Also check the TA reviews for Te Anau and specify what type of accommodation you would like e.g. romantic.

there are some lovely lakeside accommodations.

Fort Worth
Level Contributor
57 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Accomadation recomendation

If you're willing to make a 15 minute drive to the restaurants in Te Anau, I think one of the ground floor rooms at Cathedral Peaks B&B in Manapouri would be ideal. Both of the rooms have a wall of windows with sliding door facing directly across to the mountains. A small patio is also out the door. The rooms are enormous and very well appointed with a refrigerator. There isn't a tub but the shower is large and the hot water plentiful. Breakfast options were plentiful. We only stayed for one night coming off a Doubtful Sound cruise before heading south to Stewart Island and wish we could have stayed longer. We drove to Te Anau for both lunch and dinner and enjoyed the drive mostly along the water. There are several short stops for hikes along the way.

7. Re: Accomadation recomendation

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 29 March 2015, 06:16