We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Camel rides in Broken Hill

Colorado
Level Contributor
250 posts
41 reviews
Save Topic
Camel rides in Broken Hill

Has anyone taken a camel ride in Broken Hill?...specifically, I am looking at a "sunset ride"...I know camels are somewhat disgusting and they spit...still, it may be a long time before I make it to Egypt, so I thought this might be fun...any thoughts?

NSW
Level Contributor
1 post
4 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Camel rides in Broken Hill

It is great fun !! Really nice people and camels :)

fce

Sydney Australia
Level Contributor
8,097 posts
97 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Camel rides in Broken Hill

I haven't done the Broken Hill camel rides but I've done one in Alice and been around camels doing rides in other spots over the years. Don't worry about the camels, I would be very surprised if the operator isn't pretty careful about the beasts they have in the train for tourists. Certainly we found the camels to be real characters and the whole thing was a real laugh. Definitely worth a try.

Sydney, Australia
Destination Expert
for Sydney, Uluru-Kata Tjuta National Park, Business Travel, New South Wales
Level Contributor
30,447 posts
1,569 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Camel rides in Broken Hill

I've done the sunset camel rides in Broome which was heaps of fun and I loved it.

For more info on Broken Hill

tripadvisor.com/GoListDetail-i17699-Broken_H…

Surrey
Level Contributor
1 post
31 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Camel rides in Broken Hill

Hi ya i have been to Broken Hill, and we went on a camel ride. It was good and certainly an experiance. Im not a hige fan of heights. So seemed abit daft going on a camel ride as you do go quite high up. I cant remember where we were for the ride. But there are lots of advertisements in the town so you wont have any problems there. There is a help shop for people in the town which you may find usefull. It is right next to the bus stop with lots of things for tourists to do. I also was in Melbourne, and by far Broken Hill was much better. The outback was out of this world.

5. Re: Camel rides in Broken Hill

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 17 October 2009, 02:18