We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

accommodation

Which Newcastle hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
nowra nth
1 post
Save Topic
accommodation

I am coming to Newcastle in April to attend a uni graduation.Can anybody recommend some really qood quality accommodation to stay at for 3 days. Am bringing parents with us and need to be close to eateries.

Newcastle, NSW...
Level Contributor
55 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: accommodation

I'm not sure what you mean by "good quality". The up-market places are the Crowne Plaza on the harbour and Noah's on the Beach.

The Crowne Plaza <http://www.ichotelsgroup.com/h/d/cp/1/en/hotel/NTLWR?&> is in the centre of the city with a range of restaurants and bars within about 50 metres of the hotel.

Noah's on the Beach <http://www.noahsonthebeach.com.au/> is on a headland sticking out into the ocean with great views of the beaches and coastline. Restaurants are not within walking distance (other than the hotel's own), but are within a short taxi ride.

A good eating strip relatively close to both hotels is Darby Street in Cook's Hill. About 20 restaurants with widely varying styles and prices.

Apart from these, there is the Madison at Charlestown <http://madison.bestwestern.com.au/> which is quite a way from any restaurants and the university, and the Wests Executive Inn at New Lambton <http://www.executiveinn.com.au/> which is relatively close to the university. It is part of a club which has a variety of restaurants and other facilities and is open around the clock. There are also other restaurants within about 200 metres.

There are also a number of more modest motels scattered around the city. Not many are close to the university, unfortunately, but Mayfield would probably be the closest.

Cheers

David

Sydney, Australia
Destination Expert
for Sydney, Uluru-Kata Tjuta National Park, Business Travel, New South Wales
Level Contributor
29,858 posts
1,348 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: accommodation

welcome to the forum David, its nice to know we have some Newcastle blood out there to give helpful tips....

Woodford, Australia
Level Contributor
235 posts
132 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: accommodation

Storm I usually stay at the Crowne Plaza in Ncle, its new has good rooms with great harbour views and very central wih a variety of restaurants around

Cheers skip

Newcastle Australia
Level Contributor
39 posts
97 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: accommodation

I suggest the Crowne Plaza which is on the harbour. Also The Boulevarde on Beaumont is serviced apartments in the Hamilton "eat street" area. It is about 3 km from the City Centre and coast but has easy bus access.

Also try www.visitnewcastle.com.au for the local tourism information site. The Visitor Information Centre staff are very helpful...the phone/email is on that website.

Enjoy your stay!

melbourne
Level Contributor
6,727 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: accommodation

great to get some info on accommon in newcastle, have been pondering whether to fly up there.

dont know much about it, but it sounds like a nice place.

id prob stay at the Crowne Plaza from the looks of the info on their website.

For you locals, whats the airport like, if I fly up with virgin?

Is it far to the Plaza?

ie I would get a a taxi

whats the airport like for walking, only a small regional type? as I am disabled!!

many thanks

melbourne
Level Contributor
6,727 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: accommodation

great to get some info on accommon in newcastle, have been pondering whether to fly up there.

dont know much about it, but it sounds like a nice place.

id prob stay at the Crowne Plaza from the looks of the info on their website.

For you locals, whats the airport like, if I fly up with virgin?

Is it far to the Plaza?

ie I would get a a taxi

whats the airport like for walking, only a small regional type? as I am disabled!!

many thanks

Singapore
4 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: accommodation

Hi

Anyone has comments on Jesmond Executive Villas in Newcastle? I am thinking of booking this apartment for my group of 20pax for my company trip

Singapore
4 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: accommodation

Hi

Anyone has feedback about Jesmond Executive villas in newcastle? I am planning a company trip of 20pax in newcastle... but has budget of $80 to $100AUD for room per nite. Any good suggestions other than jesmond? Actually i am more or less going to confirm with them coz the place is near to restaurants and supermarket. Is their apartment eg. rooms good and how about their security? Thanks. :)

9. Re: accommodation

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 29 August 2009, 01:19