We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hotels near City Hall

Which Newcastle hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Bangi
Level Contributor
122 posts
16 reviews
Save Topic
Hotels near City Hall

I am planning to attend a conference at the City Hall in late november this year. Can anyone please list hotels (AUS$100-150 range) within walking distance of the conference venue (about 0.5 km) or just a few train stations away. I also read from the conference website that late November is in peak season and hotels are difficult to find if booking late .. is this true?

Thanks. Regards. TA Malaysia

Maitland
Level Contributor
13 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Hotels near City Hall

There is a Hotel right behind the town hall called the Clarendon - www.clarendonhotel.com.au - i stayed there recently and although the outside looks average, the rooms are newly renovated. it was just in your price range too. It is on Hunter Street (the main street) and 50m to town hall on King St.

Adelaide, Australia
Level Contributor
29,998 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Hotels near City Hall

I have friends attending a conference in Newcastle the same time as yourself, and they are booked into the Chifley Apartments, Honeysuckle Drive.

www.chifleyhotels.com.au

RP2
Australia
Level Contributor
75 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Hotels near City Hall

Hi,

You could also try the Quest Apartments which are about a 10 minute walk to City Hall.

Hope that helps!

Newcastle, NSW...
Level Contributor
42 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Hotels near City Hall

There is also Crowne Plaza off the top of my head. Not sure if that might be a bit out of the price range, but it is right on the harbour.

5. Re: Hotels near City Hall

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 26 April 2010, 05:16