We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Is Newcastle worth a visit?

Which Newcastle hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
England
Level Contributor
208 posts
57 reviews
Save Topic
Is Newcastle worth a visit?

On our Brisbane to Sydney trip, we plan to travel from Bulahdelah to Gosford in a day and wonered if it was worth detouring into Newcastle for a look at the waterfront, perhaps one of the museums? I've heard that there is a ferry from Stockton to Newcastle - would this be a good way to access the city, is there safe parking at the Stockton ferry terminal, do the ferries run frequently?

Raymond Terrace...
Level Contributor
1,061 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
21. Re: Is Newcastle worth a visit?

Just knowledge Glenn W ... didn't copy it from anywhere. What makes you think I did? I thought the information I shared was fairly common knowledge ...

London, United...
Level Contributor
159 posts
116 reviews
Save Reply
22. Re: Is Newcastle worth a visit?

Personally, I don't think you would get much from the visit, especially if you aren't a beach person.

I too lived in Newcastle, I do think there is a huge difference between living somewhere and visiting as a tourist. I would highly recommend it as a place to live.

England
Level Contributor
208 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
23. Re: Is Newcastle worth a visit?

Well, it was not my intention to start a civil war, but I guess that TA Forum contributors have strong opinions!

I'm grateful for all your comments.

24. Re: Is Newcastle worth a visit?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 13 November 2014, 04:15