We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hunter Valley/Blue Mountains in August

Which Pokolbin hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
New York, NY
4 posts
Save Topic
Hunter Valley/Blue Mountains in August

As part of my honeymoon in August I will be traveling for about a week in the Hunter Valley and Blue Mountains area (coming from New York). Can someone advise what to expect in terms of weather? From what I've read the temperatures should be mild and the rainfall relatively minimal.

Sydney, Australia
Destination Expert
for Sydney, Uluru-Kata Tjuta National Park, Business Travel, New South Wales
Level Contributor
29,858 posts
1,348 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Hunter Valley/Blue Mountains in August

It will be chilly in August..coat,jumper, scarf and good walking shoes are needed.Sometimes it even snows...in the Blue Mountains..which Aussies love as we dont get to see or experience snow very often.Rainfall is minimal.

Newcastle, Australia
Level Contributor
131 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Hunter Valley/Blue Mountains in August

You are in for a 'winter' treat, as that is IMO the best time to visit the Blue Mts and Hunter Valley. Great weather for strolling/hiking during the day, and enjoying nice red wine by the fire in the afternoon/evening.

It will be 'cold', as far as Aussies generally think. Probably as low as 30-32F overnight, and up to the high 40s lower 50s during bright sunny days. There is little chance of rain, but if you are lucky, it might snow! That being said, I once spent a weekend at the Hunter in July, and it got up to 72F.

Australia
Level Contributor
11 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Hunter Valley/Blue Mountains in August

August is a nice time to visit the Hunter Valley... Cool mornings and cool to cold evenings, however the days can be quite sunny and pleasant. It would be nice to try to find accommodation with a fireplace so you can curl up at night with a good Hunter Valley Shiraz! Kepp up to date with whats on at www.winecountry.com.au

Bathurst, Australia
Level Contributor
52 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Hunter Valley/Blue Mountains in August

Hunter Valley will be cool in the morning with frosts but usually pleasant during the day usually between 15- 20 degrees C. As I live in Blackheath at the top of the Blue Mountains I know first hand its about 7-10 degrees C during the day.

The cafes have open fires or are winter friendly but rug up with wooiles and scarves.

Check out my site

www.foodandwinetrails.com.au

I have a Blue Mountains trail with some great food places to try.

Deb

Get answers to your questions about Pokolbin