We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

distance from Cardiff to Port Macquarie

Maquarie Hills
2 posts
Save Topic
distance from Cardiff to Port Macquarie

hi all i was just wondering what the distance is from cardiff to port maquarie was

Sydney, Australia
Destination Expert
for Train Travel
Level Contributor
88,048 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: distance from Cardiff to Port Macquarie

See maps.google.com for driving directions and distances. It's a full day drive.

Australia
Level Contributor
135 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: distance from Cardiff to Port Macquarie

It will take approx 4 hours. There are a lot of road works so if you have to arrive by a certain time allow a bit extra time.

Newcastle, Australia
Level Contributor
2,502 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: distance from Cardiff to Port Macquarie

Do you mean cardiff, as in the suburb of Newcastle? If so you are looking at somewhere between 3 and 4 hours depending on traffic, road works, time of day etc.

Maquarie Hills
2 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: distance from Cardiff to Port Macquarie

sweet guys just neeeded to know as my team is going on tour next month

Sydney
Level Contributor
1,566 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: distance from Cardiff to Port Macquarie

Its only 250ks lol, 3hrs MAX, more like 2.5

Sydney, Australia
Destination Expert
for Sydney, Uluru-Kata Tjuta National Park, Airlie Beach, Whitsunday Islands
Level Contributor
19,377 posts
190 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: distance from Cardiff to Port Macquarie

The road works from karuah thru to Kew make it suk just atm...

if you get stuck with a flag man you can sit for up to 20 mins...and wait for the truck to back and fill

no roadwork stuff up 3 hours max

Port Macquarie
Level Contributor
261 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: distance from Cardiff to Port Macquarie

It takes me 2 hrs to get from Port to Maitland turnoff even with the road works

Sydney, Australia
Destination Expert
for Sydney, Uluru-Kata Tjuta National Park, Airlie Beach, Whitsunday Islands
Level Contributor
19,377 posts
190 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: distance from Cardiff to Port Macquarie

You must miss the bleeding flagman..my last 2 trips I sat for over 20mins total in two flag stops...one just near Hawks nest Turnoff the other not far from Buhladelah.

On one trip we got a dope with a camper trailer doinf 30kmh all the way along the roadworks, even when it was 80!

Port Macquarie
Level Contributor
261 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: distance from Cardiff to Port Macquarie

The flagmen are the luck of the draw I suppose, our trips do tend to be on the weekends when minimal roadwork is happening.

The idiots that travel way under the speed limit are a real drag, especially when they don't pull over & let the mile of cars behind them through. If you are at the end of the queue you can come to a dead stop because of this.

I have to put up with that @ the Kew to Taree road works. Not much fun when your trying to make a living while people are on holidays with not a care in the world :-(

10. Re: distance from Cardiff to Port Macquarie

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 28 September 2010, 05:17