We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Things to do in and near Port.

Which Port Macquarie hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Mid North Coast NSW
Level Contributor
57 posts
16 reviews
Save Topic
Things to do in and near Port.

last time I came to Port was in May a couple of years ago. None of the tours were operating as insufficient people. This year I am coming in October will that be a better time? I am 72 years of age and would be interested if anyone could suggest some not strenuous activities and tours. I can't walk very far as I have emphysema. Very grateful for your replies.

2 replies to this topic
Oz
Level Contributor
11,891 posts
51 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Things to do in and near Port.

Hi,

Breakfast at Tiffany's ?

There are numerous cruises on the river and up Limeburners Creek which are lovely on a clear day, they also provide a glimpse of the history of the area.

The tours to The Ruins of Innes House are run a couple of times a week in the school holidays and monthly at other times. The ruins are a fascinating relic of convict days and the amazing wealth of the officer class (Major Archirbals Clunes Innes) which all went "pear shaped" when transportation ended and there wasn't any more free labour available. Check with the visitors information centre for details.

There are plenty of other tours including whale watching and tours of the hinterland but these may be too rough/strenuous for you?

This link may help.

portmacquarieinfo.com.au/welcome/visitor-inf…

Cheers,

Mid North Coast NSW
Level Contributor
57 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Things to do in and near Port.

Thankyou so much for the info

Reply to: Things to do in and near Port.
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted