We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

sight seeing in wollongong

Which Wollongong hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Chennai, India
1 post
Save Topic
sight seeing in wollongong

I would like to know what are the must-visit sight seeing places in and around Wollongong?

Will appreciate any information on this.

rg

Sydney, Australia
Destination Expert
for Sydney, Uluru-Kata Tjuta National Park, Airlie Beach, Whitsunday Islands
Level Contributor
18,716 posts
182 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: sight seeing in wollongong

Not a major tourist destination but....

Take a trip up to Sublime Point Lookout.....

Head out to the Lighthouse and beach...

Walk around the beachfront (Sri Chimnoy Peace Mile)

Take a trip down to Minnamurra Falls....and rainforest..or MT Keira Rainforest....

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
993 posts
74 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: sight seeing in wollongong

I really liked the Nan Tien Buddhist temple - the largest Buddhist temple in the Southern Hemisphere. Definitely worth a stop, even if you're only mildly interested.

sydney Australia
Level Contributor
871 posts
70 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: sight seeing in wollongong

How far do you consider to still be Wollongong? Kiama, though a separate town, has an awesome blowhole, which you can see by walking from the station up to the headland.

Better when there is a bit of wind. But heaps better than some lauded from overseas. the town itself has cute shops and a great atmosphere, and is only a short train ride from Wollongong proper.

If you have a car then head on a little further, to see the park near the town of Jambaroo. the name escapes me at the moment. also nearby is the adventure park called Jambaroo. Water slides, waterfall jump, go karts, grass skiing, and also a grass tube ride downhill, all perfect for the adventurous part of you. check opening times as it may only be on weekends, especially in the next little while until the weather warms up.

around Wollongong, the little town of Shell harbour is very popular with tourists.

even further south, and stretching the friendship to say it is wollongong, is the area called Jervis bay. whitest beaches , dolphin tours, and just beautiful unspoilt areas. Need a car I think, though there may be tours which go there. you would need tocheck it out.

sydney Australia
Level Contributor
871 posts
70 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: sight seeing in wollongong

Didnt read up the previous messages clearly. the park I am talking about near the town of Jamberoo, is Minnamurra Falls, so that is two reccommendations to see this place.

5. Re: sight seeing in wollongong

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 07 September 2009, 21:17