We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Just a "bravo" for the Botanic Garden!

Washington DC...
Level Contributor
15,187 posts
312 reviews
Save Topic
Just a "bravo" for the Botanic Garden!

I'm here with a free day...took the free circulator bus to see the town and lo and behold, at the terminus at the University, there was the Botanic Garden! It's free and well worth as much time as you care to spend...I had about an hour and really enjoed it all, especially the rainforest sections. There's a rose garden, lily pond, dryland section, forest section, plus shade gardens as well. Quite lovely and a wonderful place to walk in the shade of the trees.

If you come to Wollongong, I suggest adding this to your to-do list!

Also I really enjoyed lunches at Dunes and Diggies on the beach.

Mentioned in this post
Wollongong
Wollongong
New South Wales, Australia
Diggies
Diggies
515 Reviews
Wollongong, Australia
Broadford, Australia
Destination Expert
for Melbourne
Level Contributor
2,611 posts
61 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Just a "bravo" for the Botanic Garden!

I second this post.

I spent a lovely afternoon there a few years ago while waiting for OH to finish work for the day.

At one end of the gardens there is an oldish building that seemed to house some musical school and there was some beautiful classical music wafting on the breeze. I liked the Chinese bridge and watching the antics of the varicoloured ducks and geese.Parking was easy too. No distance at all from the centre of Wollongong, which did not exactly float my boat.

Mentioned in this post
Wollongong
Wollongong
New South Wales, Australia
2. Re: Just a "bravo" for the Botanic Garden!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 27 September 2015, 13:15