We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hotel near University of Wollongong?

Which Wollongong hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
21 posts
27 reviews
Save Topic
Hotel near University of Wollongong?

I'll be in Wollongong for one night and am looking for a pleasant hotel near the University. Any suggestions gratefully received.

Sydney, Australia
Destination Expert
for Sydney, Uluru-Kata Tjuta National Park, Airlie Beach, Whitsunday Islands
Level Contributor
18,834 posts
182 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Hotel near University of Wollongong?

How close is important. There are several,

Novotel (pretty ordinary hotel but probably closest), Chifley newest and not too far walk from town, i think this is still on free bus loop,

mY preferred is Quest apartments as they are close to town and definitely close to bus loop

If budget budget budget GS as stayed at fairy meadow hotel due to late exams few times and it is OK..

Washington DC...
Level Contributor
12,825 posts
301 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Hotel near University of Wollongong?

Nothing is that near, I think. Novotel is on the waterfront and there is a free, frequent shuttle to the U.

Sydney
Level Contributor
23 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Hotel near University of Wollongong?

There is no hotel within walking distance to uni however there is a free shutlltle bus from cbd and beach area in a loop past the hospital and the uni. Runs about every 20 mins. Commonly called gong shuttle. Try the Chifley it's fairly new and quite nice and easy walk into town and plenty of good cheap places to eat.

4. Re: Hotel near University of Wollongong?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 20 October 2014, 17:15