We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Turtles at Mons Rep

Which Bundaberg hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
79 posts
78 reviews
Save Topic
Turtles at Mons Rep

I want to reward my daughters with short trip to Bundaberg to see the turtles hatching. I am planning the weekend 16 March to 18 March. I know there is no garuntees in seeing the turtles hatch on any one visit but is there less chance the later it gets in the season? we cant come earlier. Should we wait for the next season?

Queensland...
Level Contributor
405 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Turtles at Mons Rep

Hi - I'm sorry I am not sure about the likelihood of turtles in that time in March. Possibly National Parks can advise.

I don't know how old your children are, but I know when we went years ago when our kids were small (can't remember the time of year), we waitied for hours and hours, and the first group hadn't even gone out. In the end we gave up. It's all highly regulated (as it has to be to protect the turtles from mass tourism, I understand that), but I didn't really like the feeling of being herded around in groups. It's not like you have the 'fun' of looking - you just have to wait inside until it's your turn and you are taken to the spot.

I guess if you are absolutely dead keen to see the turtles it would be good, but coming from a long way just for the event, it may be very disappointing if you didn't see any.

I haven't ever bothered again. We saw turtles nesting at Lady Eliot Island just outside our room - now that was amazing.

Australia
Level Contributor
1,474 posts
92 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Turtles at Mons Rep

Matt I get this via email a couple of days ago : queenslandholidays.com.au/experiences/natura…

Might have some info in it for you...

Rene

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
79 posts
78 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Turtles at Mons Rep

Thanks for advice. My girls are 9 and 11. The younger is passionate about turtles. In October we snorkelled with a large turtle right off the beach at Hamilton Island. My youngest said she had lived her lifes dream. At the age of 9!! Now her new lifes dream is to see turtles hatching.

4. Re: Turtles at Mons Rep

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 28 September 2013, 10:15
Get answers to your questions about Bundaberg