We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Bilinga (Gold Coast Airport) off street parking?

Brisbane, Australia
2 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Bilinga (Gold Coast Airport) off street parking?

I need to park my car near Gold Coast Airport.

I have searched this forum and found that there "were" off-street parking available. (the discussion was back in 2008)

I was wondering if the off street parking are still ok near GC Airport? Is there any time limit or restriction on street parking?

Is it safe to leave my car unattended for one week on the street?

Can anyone recommend a good location to park for one week?

I checked the commercial parking compnay; they all want to keep my key, which I am very reluctant to do.

Better still, if anyone has a spare garage available near GC Airport for one week (end of June), I am willing to pay fee or buy Duty Free item as a token of appreciation. Please let me know.

26 replies to this topic
australia
Destination Expert
for New South Wales, Noosa
Level Contributor
3,264 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Bilinga (Gold Coast Airport) off street parking?

My suggestion is parking restrictions apply......a car unattended even outisde ones home on the street and not moved in a week usually attracts council attention. If you are concerned at a business having your car key, i'd be more concerned at possible vandalism, accidents, or storm damage if you leave the car parked in a possibly illegal manner - signage applys to short term parking areas, but many local authorities have regulations about long term parking outside the signed areas too.

Best parking option is the one at Tweed - they deliver you to airport in the shuttle bus....other commercial parking closer to the airport, may drive you in your own vehicle and later transfer your vehicle a storage faciltiy away from the office you leave it at..........even with all due care there is potential for (not their fault) accidents. I always use the place at Tweed - its undercover (some slightly cheaper outdoor available too) and (all) secure - never been a problem.

Edited: 15 June 2011, 10:20
Gold Coast
Destination Expert
for Ko Pha Ngan, Ko Samui, Thailand
Level Contributor
25,749 posts
64 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Bilinga (Gold Coast Airport) off street parking?

Seriously, do not leave your car unattended for a week that's far more dodgy than leaving your keys with a reputable company. We used parking near Brisbane Airport last year and were very happy. Agree with dev1236, use the one at Tweed and use their shuttle.

Alternative is to leave your car at home and use the bus, depending on where you live or a company like Con-X-ions or taxi, which could work out cheaper than parking for one week.

Sydney
Level Contributor
2,456 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Bilinga (Gold Coast Airport) off street parking?

Why would leaving your car parked in a residential street near the airport be any more risky than leaving it in a residential street near your home?

>>>a car unattended even outisde ones home on the street and not moved in a week usually attracts council attention.<<<

Really?? Leaving your car parked outside your own house and not moving it for a week attracts council attention? What exactly do you think the council would do?

Edited: 16 June 2011, 05:41
Brisbane, Australia
Destination Expert
for Brisbane, Noosa
Level Contributor
5,855 posts
147 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Bilinga (Gold Coast Airport) off street parking?

I personally wouldn't but I know several people that do. They just park near the beach in one of the side streets and walk across the highway,

Gold Coast
Destination Expert
for Ko Pha Ngan, Ko Samui, Thailand
Level Contributor
25,749 posts
64 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Bilinga (Gold Coast Airport) off street parking?

Personally I wouldn't want to leave it unattended in my own area for a week, let alone in an area I don't live in and if I were the home owners around where I left my car I would wander what it was doing there - not worried about council attention, they wouldn't care less unless someone reported it.

melbourne
Level Contributor
6,751 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Bilinga (Gold Coast Airport) off street parking?

Cassnu,good point,we had a car that would park across the road for lengthy amounts of time,very strange,and the owner was weird as.....

Brisbane, Australia
2 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Bilinga (Gold Coast Airport) off street parking?

Thank you all for the info.

Really appreciate so many prompt posts within such a short period of time.

Gold Coast
1 post
Save Reply
8. Re: Bilinga (Gold Coast Airport) off street parking?

goldcoastairportparking.com.au

Surfers Paradise
Level Contributor
43 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Bilinga (Gold Coast Airport) off street parking?

Even though this thread is more than a month old, I thought it best to add to it for future questions about parking near the Gold Coast Airport. We flew to Melbourne last week and chose to park at Gold Coast Airport Parking at Tweed Heads for 5 days.

A true professional company that we could not fault. Park at their premises and they shuttle you to and from the airport. We didn't have to wait at all, they are so organised. Good to recommend a great local company that actually care about repeat customers and referrals.

Melbourne, Australia
8 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: Bilinga (Gold Coast Airport) off street parking?

Can anyone please tell us if the car parking at Outrigger Twin Towns Resorts is secure? We are going away from Gold Coast airport for 3 weeks and plan to stay there for a couple of nights prior our overseas trip. They have confirmed with us through email that we can leave our car there for 3 weeks while we are away, but they dont guarantee the security of our car.

We would really appreciate it if anyone who has done the same before to give us an input. Thank you.

Reply to: Bilinga (Gold Coast Airport) off street parking?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted