We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Cooly Rocks On

UK
Level Contributor
78 posts
28 reviews
Save Topic
Cooly Rocks On

I'm going to be in the area for the start of the festival prob only the first day (31st May) just wondering if people have any experience of the festival:

Is there generally much on, on the 1st day / evening of the festival?

Is it mainly in Coolangatta or Tweeds Head

Any Accomm recommendations ?

Thanks, visiting from Ireland, so have no clue about the area at all :0

Surfers Paradise...
Destination Expert
for Gold Coast, Surfers Paradise, Byron Bay
Level Contributor
6,021 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Cooly Rocks On

I would say that the majority of events occur in Coolangatta - but Tweed Heads is just a continuation of Coolangatta anyway.

I would look for accomodation in either Coolangatta or Tweed.

Check the program for what is happening on the first night:

http://coolyrockson.mybigcommerce.com/

Gold Coast
Level Contributor
52 posts
183 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Cooly Rocks On

I like in the area, and I think you'll find accommodation may be a little bit cheaper in Tweed Heads, as most of the Coolangatta accommodation is beachfront (more expensive).... if budget is an issue. Book now, as it's a popular time for people to visit.

It's only a couple of block's walk from the heart of Tweed Heads to Coolangatta Beach.

3. Re: Cooly Rocks On

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 21 October 2014, 10:16