We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

best place to stay near shops, restaurants etc.

melbourne
Level Contributor
1,454 posts
71 reviews
Save Topic
best place to stay near shops, restaurants etc.

we have just booked some great flights with Jetstar for may 2014 and want to stay in Coolangatta for a change, I have never been there so have no idea where anything is situated, what would be the best place to stay central to everything, any ideas would be great. thanks

1. Re: best place to stay near shops, restaurants etc.

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum posting guidelines with prohibiting self-promotional advertising or solicitation.

We ask all of our members to keep their forum messages free of self-promoting advertisements or solicitation of any kind - members affiliated with any tourism-related business should not include commercial contact information or URLs in their forum messages.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 26 June 2013, 14:50
Gungahlin, Australia
Destination Expert
for Canberra
Level Contributor
16,306 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: best place to stay near shops, restaurants etc.

Why not post the link to the RESTAURANT instead of the link to a restaurant page on your own website, you have been advised to stop your self-promotion numerous times and what your post count of 3 doesn't reveal is how many other posts have been removed, disguising your link by surrounding it with more "helpful information" doesn't change what it is, it is still self-promotion and against the guidelines of this forum.

Edited: 26 June 2013, 07:42
Sydney, Australia
Destination Expert
for Sydney, Uluru-Kata Tjuta National Park, Business Travel, New South Wales
Level Contributor
30,663 posts
1,612 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: best place to stay near shops, restaurants etc.

We always stay at refection Tower Two as the apartments are fantastic. See my old review for pics.

tripadvisor.com/ShowUserReviews-g255335-d117…

For dinner - we like Bellakai & George's Seafood

tripadvisor.com/Restaurant_Review-g255335-d1…

Huizen, The...
Level Contributor
344 posts
77 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: best place to stay near shops, restaurants etc.

In Coolangatta you are really close to everything no matter where you stay, there are shops and restaurants along the entire main 2 roads (one beach front and the other one on the main road.. Griffith street). The largest shopping center is round about in the middle.

We always stay at the Beach House (family member has time share) which is at one end and we walk to Greenmount Surfclub for a meal.. takes about 10 minutes, which is at the other end.

So I feel you cannot really go wrong where you stay. Do try though to get a sea view.

Will be there myself in about 2 weeks :-)

melbourne
Level Contributor
1,454 posts
71 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: best place to stay near shops, restaurants etc.

thanks for all your comments I will check those places out

Brisbane, Australia
Destination Expert
for Brisbane, Noosa
Level Contributor
5,906 posts
151 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: best place to stay near shops, restaurants etc.

Mantra and Outrigger are my pick! I haven't stayed at Reflections yet but hear its very good.

Have a great time! Cooly is a beautiful spot

Edited: 27 June 2013, 03:55
melbourne
Level Contributor
6,754 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: best place to stay near shops, restaurants etc.

Twin Towns Outrigger is one street back from the beach..All the major shops are on Marine Pde and Griffith street.Marine pde is opp the beach and Griffith is the street Twin Towns is on.

You are 5 min taxi off peak from airport.No flight path noise.

Twins Towns has obstructed ocean view.Do lookat their reviews.

Reflection tower 2 is absolute beach frontage will all you need right below you.

Just ask away any further questions:)

8. Re: best place to stay near shops, restaurants etc.

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 19 September 2015, 11:15