We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Is this place a MUST attraction?

Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
48 posts
8 reviews
Save Topic
Is this place a MUST attraction?

Hi all Aussies,

I have gone through firebucket list of must places to visit..but it didn't mentioned this place

Catch A Crab and Oyster Farm Tour, TweedHeads

I do not know this place until I was surfing for some local packages to GC. I saw a few of the package plan included this. If it's a MUST thingy, I'll try to see if I can squeeze this into my schedule, or else I'll just go ahead with firebucket's List of Things to do/visit in GC

Thanks!

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
11,508 posts
111 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Is this place a MUST attraction?

I have never heard of this place! I wouldn't say it's a must at all.

Having just looked at the website, I'd say skip it, and stick to firebucket's list.

Singapore
Level Contributor
126 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Is this place a MUST attraction?

i wanted and had planned to do this Blurangel! my friends did this last year and it was great fun. you get to experience yabby pumping and then feast on crabs on the boat. i had emailed the company to enquire coz was worried my wee ones were too small to go on board, but they said no worries. they have lots of families doing the half-day trip.

we didn't go for it in the end coz you really cannot possibly do everything unless you are going to be spending a whole month in SEQ! ;D

SEQ, Australia
Level Contributor
2,175 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Is this place a MUST attraction?

Hi Blurangel

I am aware that these tours exist but have never done them. I would certainly not consider them to be "must dos".

Perhaps it would be easier to advise you if you were considering to do the Catch a crab tour intstead of "Tour X".

It really depends on how much time you have and how you wish to prioritise your time.

Quite frankly it surprises me how many times this tour is mentioned on this forum as it really is a minor attraction on the Gold Coast. They must advertise effectively somewhere! lol

sydney,aust.
Level Contributor
1,304 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Is this place a MUST attraction?

Must see or not...

a fresh boiled lobster with hot bread and a coopers and a sunny day on the tweed ain't half bad.

Brisbane, Australia
Destination Expert
for Brisbane, Noosa
Level Contributor
5,855 posts
147 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Is this place a MUST attraction?

Interesting, this could be very interesting for overseas tourists, not for us as we do it every weekend... but it could be a must do maybe for someone that hasn't experiencesd it before...

main beach...
Level Contributor
371 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Is this place a MUST attraction?

Looking at their web site I see it will cost $77 per adult and $47 per child inclding transfers from Surfers area. This is for a three hour tour and the only refreshments included are tea coffee and biscuits. It seems to be very expensive for what you get. A nice little tour out of Marina Mirage to say South Stradbroke would be a cheaper and easier alternative with fish and chips after at Peters next to the Versace.

Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
48 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Is this place a MUST attraction?

Hey all,

Thanks for the valuable information. I think I'll just skip it.

I didn't know why it was such a 'hype'. As i was checking thru what are the packages the agents bundle in a GC tour (was checking to see if it was better to sign up deals from agents OR planning my own DIY trip) and almost all the tour package included this. I guess it's huge here because in Malaysia it's hard to get reall really sweet+juicy oyster. The ones we have are just pretty normal ones and I guess Malaysian would be all 'hyped out' if they see such BIG+Juicy+Sweet+FRESH oysters in Aus. To us, it will be A attraction.

Since I rather go ard snapping pix and blend with the locals, I'll visit Oyster+crab the next round ! (GC has many attractions!!) Hehe, besides Tweed Head is pretty far...

Gosh I'm so excited now every1. I'm gonna post my itinerary soon to you guys. Ahh at the moment I can only squeeze in 1 theme park... :(

Blurangel

malaysia
Level Contributor
70 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Is this place a MUST attraction?

Hi Blurangel,

I'm quite keen on the catch A crab tour, cause it's looks pretty fun from the web. The only thing is the price is a bit steep.

Personally i think planing your own is much cheaper and much more fun than getting a tour package from the agent.

Any plan to visit one of the farms? or the national parks?

Australia
Destination Expert
for Cebu City, Cebu Island
Level Contributor
9,233 posts
49 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Is this place a MUST attraction?

Anyone who reckons this is a must do can go and visit my cousin.

He will give you a barbecue by the dam while you catch yabbies and watch the sheep grazing. You can help with the fencing too, if you want!

Regards: Jim

Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
48 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Is this place a MUST attraction?

Hi kueh teow,

Hehe, what a cute nick. Trying to promote Msian delicacies? :) Anyway, I'm sure crab+oyster would be great but like said, the price is $77 and I prefer to spend that same amt of money entering somewhere to snap pix. Coz i love to take pix instead of eating. I don't splurge on food because I think sometimes they are overly priced?! I love food no doubt..but I prefer to blend in with local food+ at cheaper rate. Hehe, since time is constraint, I prefer to visit places+snap pix. F

Yes, I MUST visit the zoo in currumbin that's why I have to plan my itinerary nicely before I can share with the rest of you guys. Hoping by next wk? :)

Basic itinerary would be 1+theme park, visit as many attraction places as I could (conrad casion/Q1 deck, beaches...etc), zoo. I read review from "poas" i think...she mentioned eating in any of the SURF CLUB is a good experience..so I would try that too!

Seriously there's so much to do..and so little time. I'm already thinking abt NEXT visit :P