We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

tangalooma or seaworld

Singapore
Level Contributor
66 posts
28 reviews
Save Topic
tangalooma or seaworld

Our original plan was to stay a night at Tangalooma but heard from a friend returning from Gold Coast that Seaworld was great fun for the kids (kids are between 2 - 6 years old). If I can only choose between either, any recommendations?

Western Australia
Level Contributor
7 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: tangalooma or seaworld

I dont know about tangalooma but sea world was fantastic. Lots of rides as well as the all the animals to look at. Dont miss the dolphin show. Absolutely stunning.

Queensland
Level Contributor
663 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: tangalooma or seaworld

I have been to both,while Tangalooma is lovely, I would suggest definitely go to Seaworld, its a great day, the rides are great, you must see the dolphin and seal shows, and you can watch the polar bears swim underwater as their swimming pool has a glass side where you can sit and watch them. when I went there were penguins too. visit www.seaworld.com.au

Brisbane, Australia
Destination Expert
for Brisbane, Noosa
Level Contributor
5,871 posts
149 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: tangalooma or seaworld

If you want the theme park experience with lots of rides, amimals and people go to Seaworld.

If you want to experience a beautiful island, nature and wildlife, go to Tangalooma.

Sydney, Australia
Destination Expert
for Sydney, Uluru-Kata Tjuta National Park, Business Travel, New South Wales
Level Contributor
30,492 posts
1,583 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: tangalooma or seaworld

another short suggestion,

I absolutely love Tang plus Sth Stradbroke.The good thing abouth SB its so close to Sea world.>

see reviews with pics.

tripadvisor.com/Tourism-g658863-South_Stradb…

tripadvisor.com/ShowUserReviews-g662671-d257…

good luck with your plans.

Singapore
Level Contributor
66 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: tangalooma or seaworld

Thanks for all your feedback. Well, read the review and unfortunately, Tangalooma doesn't seem very positive. Looks like the dolphin feeding is the only worth it bit, but can we do dolphin feeding in Seaworld?

I've been to theme park like Ocean Park in Hong Kong recently and my impression of Seaworld from my last visit more than 6 years ago, is that they are very similar. Can anyone tell me if that's changed since my last trip?

Singapore
Level Contributor
126 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: tangalooma or seaworld

hi Bkk8,

both my wee ones loved Sea World. there is much to see and do and a perfect day out for both young and old.

there are 3 shows:

* Imagine Dolphin (spectacular)

* Fish Detectives (seals - cheesy for adults, but the older child actually understood the humour and was laughing away merrily)

* Water Ski Wipeout (very entertaining! little baby loved the music!)

Sesame St Beach

This is a wee one paradise! Kiddie rides galore! The stage show was very entertaining too. You could queue up for photo taking with the characters.

Shark Bay & Touch Pool

Huge, beautiful star fish, sea urchins and sea cucumbers in the touch pooh. All kinds of sharks in the underwater viewing gallery. If you have been to the Underwater World at Sentosa, it is a fraction of what you could see at Sea World

Polar Bear Shores

There's a polar baby and a bigger bear and they look very happy and contented playing underwater.

Other Rides

Sky High Skyway (cable car)

Train

Monorail

High-adrenalin rides at Sea World: the Bermuda Triangle, flume ride, pirate ship and corkscrew rollercoaster.

Go for it!

Singapore
Level Contributor
126 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: tangalooma or seaworld

re: Dolphin feeding, you have to be a guest staying at Sea World Resort to sign up for this. it starts at 8am before the park opens at 10am. costs extra. check www.myfun.com.au for details.

Singapore
Level Contributor
66 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: tangalooma or seaworld

Sounds good, well if there's dolphin contact at the Seaworld resort as well, perhaps that would be a better option than tangalooma from reading the reviews. Tks.

Singapore
Level Contributor
126 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: tangalooma or seaworld

dolphin contact is available (at a fee):

…myfun.com.au/Attractions/Animal-Adventures/…

the special package for Sea World Resort guests is a dolphin & shark tour:

…myfun.com.au/Hot-Deals/Meet-The-Dolphins-an…

hth!

10. Re: tangalooma or seaworld

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 26 September 2009, 19:26