We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

seaworld resort - too old and tired?

Which Gold Coast hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Singapore
Level Contributor
66 posts
26 reviews
Save Topic
seaworld resort - too old and tired?

We are thinking of staying at the Seaworld resort for 2 nights and upon reading some of the reviews, we were surprised that the good looking rooms in the websites had lots of similar reviews of the rooms looking old and tired, lumpy beds, rooms in need of refurbishment type of comments.

Can anyone tell me if it's that bad? Or are there different wings or room types in resort that's new and refurbished?

Tks.

SEQ, Australia
Level Contributor
2,175 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: seaworld resort - too old and tired?

Contact HappyQ as she has stayed there only a couple of weeks ago. Very helpful poster.

tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g255337-i929-k1880…

Singapore
Level Contributor
126 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: seaworld resort - too old and tired?

hi Bbk,

Sorry i missed your post. i have not been logging in so much now that my holiday is well and over *poof*! :D i've replied to yr pm.

The room we had was a Superior Room @ $99 a night in the Bay Wing on the ground floor. We stayed 3 nights from 26-29 March 2008, and our total time spent in the room was probably just 8 hours per night for sleep! We also ate at three of the dining outlets + had room service.

Like you, I had read all the negative reviews (great mental preparation actually!) but went ahead to book. We were very blessed and did not encounter any of the negatives (banging doors, loud parties, holey towels, water dripping from the ceiling and such). PHEW! In fact, the beds were so comfortable, we slept like babies!

I'm not sure if the negative reviews about SWR are due to travellers paying full rates and hence expecting a whole lot more. I might be more discerning if i had to pay $600 for 3-nights. :) But for what i paid ($293 for 3 nights) I seriously have no complaints about Sea World Resort! I would love to stay here again!

I did a hotel review here:

tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g255337-i929-k1880…

Hth!

Singapore
Level Contributor
66 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: seaworld resort - too old and tired?

Thanks lots to all the feedback!

I think we will go ahead and book this and give Tangalooma a miss!

4. Re: seaworld resort - too old and tired?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 27 September 2009, 07:19