We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Theme parks

Wollongong
Level Contributor
98 posts
27 reviews
Save Topic
Theme parks

Hi, I got a two park pass for a present of some family this year and want to know what parks you would suggest to go to with two 23yr old adults, I have to choice of two of the following,

1) Sea world

2) Movie world

3) Wet and Wild

I am almost certain of Movieworld but I cant decide between Seaworld and Wet and Wild.

Has anyone done these parks and recommends one from the other?

Thanks

Brisbane
Destination Expert
for Brisbane
Level Contributor
3,261 posts
64 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Theme parks

Only go to Wet & Wild if your a big fan of water slides.

My first choice would be Sea World and then Movie World. Lots to fill the day at Sea World as ther are shows to see as well as rides.

regards

Oscar

P.S. The Batman Spaceshot might not look like much but it packs a punch. Ditto with the Spooky Coaster.

Wollongong
Level Contributor
98 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Theme parks

Hi, Thanks for your quick reply!!! :0)

I was thinking that might be the case with wet and wild and I do like waterslides, are the lines long to get onto them?

Also I was reading a reveiw on Sea world and it said that all it is is shows rather than rides and the rides are only for kids? Would you say that as well?

Wollongong
Level Contributor
98 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Theme parks

I was thinking that Seaworld would be a nice relax aways from all the thrill of rides and things (incase i get up there and my tummy decides it doesnt like the upside down and thrown around stuff)

Surfers Paradise...
Destination Expert
for Gold Coast, Surfers Paradise, Byron Bay
Level Contributor
6,154 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Theme parks

Totally agree with OP.

Wet N Wild would be ok if you are coming in the height of Summer and are interested in huge waterslides and pools.

Otherwise, choose Seaworld and Movieworld.

Wollongong
Level Contributor
98 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Theme parks

Great! Thankyou to both of you! I had no idea and its nice to find out from people who have been there. They all have their perks! :0)

Surfers Paradise...
Destination Expert
for Gold Coast, Surfers Paradise, Byron Bay
Level Contributor
6,154 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Theme parks

# Seaworld does have plenty of rides as well as shows like the waterskiing show.

Brisbane
Destination Expert
for Brisbane
Level Contributor
3,261 posts
64 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Theme parks

Hi Bekky-boo.

As Beach8um said, there are rides at Seaworld but they are tamer than those at Movie World. The Corkscrew Rollercoaster is fun as is the Viking Flume ride. Most off the rides are older but they are opening a new jetski ride this summer. The shows are the best feature and you shouldn't miss the dolphin show, it's called Imagine. There is a seal show and if you want to go to a great expense then you can also swim with the dolphins.

There is also a water park there so you can take your swimmers, but it would be nothing like Wet 'n' Wild.

Depending on what time of the year you go Sea World also offers a 50% discount on their whale watching cruise if you book when you leave the park.

Hope this helps

Oscar

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
100 posts
71 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Theme parks

Hey b-b,

I an going to join the others and suggest Movie World and Sea World as the two parks of choice.

Both of the parks have just invested millions into new attractions, as GC tourist numbers are dwindling.

Also, Wet n Wild actually costs less to get into, so you will get more value money-wise by going to Movie World and Sea World than going to WetnWild and one of the other parks.

Have a great trip.

Sydney, Australia
Destination Expert
for Sydney, Uluru-Kata Tjuta National Park, Airlie Beach, Whitsunday Islands
Level Contributor
20,126 posts
199 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Theme parks

Bekky if you like Jamberoo then you'll love Wand W...

My two picks are Movie and Wet and Wild

Sea world is tamer... a bit of a cross between Sydney Aquarium and Luna park...and a few water slides to cool you down

If you aren't a huge theme ride fan and don't like water then seaworld is your choice IMHO

Mooloolaba...
Level Contributor
560 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: Theme parks

We (my 16 yr old son and husband and I) recently went to Sea World and we found it really boring. The best thing was the dolphin show, all the rest seems to cater for young children. The rides were far too tame and the water slides were very disappointing. My vote is for Movie World and Wet & Wild.