We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

shopping/markets

Singapore
Level Contributor
1,170 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
shopping/markets

Is there any night markets in gold coast?

We are looking for some bargain ladies' clothing/shirts, men's shirts/jeans, handbags, costumes jewellery, shoes, souvenirs, where is the best place to go? Carrara market, Pacific Fair, Australia Fair or Habour Town. We have only 4 1/2 days in Gold Coast (3 days will be occupied by the 3 worlds-movie/seaworld/dreamworld and 1/2 day for Paradise Country Farm), so left only 1 day for shopping.

Which place for shopping is cheaper, Gold Coast or Sydney?

Thanks you.

Melbourne, Australia
Destination Expert
for Philippines, Kuala Lumpur
Level Contributor
24,062 posts
1,846 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: shopping/markets

This link may help regarding night markets at the Gold Coast:

www.gold-coast.net/goldcoast/markets.html

Not sure which place on the Gold Coast would be cheaper. it really depends on who has specials at the time but my guess is Harbourtown with the factory outlets located there.

My experience is that items at Paddys Market Sydney are hard to beat for price.

Tommo

Singapore
Level Contributor
1,170 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: shopping/markets

Thank you.

Surfers Paradise...
Destination Expert
for Gold Coast, Surfers Paradise, Byron Bay
Level Contributor
6,077 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: shopping/markets

Check out the FAQ's on this very subject:

tripadvisor.com/GoListDetail-i18651-Gold_Coa…

As for your choices, the best prices probably Harbour Town. Best Range : Pacific Fair.

Singapore
Level Contributor
1,170 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: shopping/markets

Thank you. I have already looked at the link earlier, but they only mentioned which day the market open for the month, no details of what they sell. I went into their websites to search but couldn't find anything informative too, so hope that the TA would be able to advise me on which is the market or shopping centres to go because we don't have much time to spare.

Thank you so much for all the help.

Wellington, New...
Destination Expert
for Wellington, Bay of Islands
Level Contributor
10,115 posts
222 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: shopping/markets

With only one day for shopping I would plan on Harbour Town as you dont indicate whether or not your shopping day is a weekend for Carrara Markets. Whilst Pacific Fair is the largest mall bargains are not its forte.

Singapore
Level Contributor
1,170 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: shopping/markets

Thank you. Our shopping day is flexible, we haven't come up with an itinerary yet. We will have to see which day is more suitable for what type of activiites.

We'll be in Gold Coast from Tues (1/2 day) to Sat (3/4 day), flying off from Brisbane in the night flight.

Edited: 15 March 2010, 00:38
Sydney
Level Contributor
563 posts
56 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: shopping/markets

Hi

There seems to be a lot of sales on lately just in the normal shops (not outlets!). But I would have a look at Harbour Town for sure. You can always go into Pacific Fair on late night trading night which is Thursday (they are open to 9pm).

If you are coming to Sydney, we have good factory outlets at DFO out at Homebush - they are always pretty good. There also is Birkenhead Point which is over at Drummoyne. And if you have a car, you can also hit some outlets at Mascot (near Sydney Airport). They are a little bit more scattered, but are pretty good too (coming from a shopaholic!). If you don't want to leave the city, then head to the southern end of the city and go to Paddys Markets in Chinatown. The markets are open Wed - Sun. Downstairs is the markets where you will get your bargain clothes, souvenirs etc but if you go up to level 2 they also have outlets.

Enjoy your shopping!!

Oz
Level Contributor
1,106 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: shopping/markets

There is also a DFO next to the Brisbane Airport

Singapore
Level Contributor
1,170 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: shopping/markets

Thank you for all the information and suggestions. Unfortunately, we don't drive in Sydney but we can go to the DFO next to the Brisbane Airport. What time does it close?

Oz
Level Contributor
1,106 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: shopping/markets

Hi,

From the website it seems that closing time is 6pm.

Happy travels :-)

Get answers to your questions about Gold Coast