We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Scooters on the Gold Coast

australia
Level Contributor
53 posts
Save Topic
Scooters on the Gold Coast

Ill be on the Goldie for a while and my mate and I are going to hire some scooters to get around. What are some good places that you can ride a scooter to? is it possible to ride to Nimbin or any of the mountain/walking tracks?

cheers

Gold Coast...
Level Contributor
787 posts
115 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Scooters on the Gold Coast

Hi badsectorz

Do you know what capacity cc scooter you plan to hire? Unless you have a bike licence I am fairly sure you are limited to hiring the 50cc scooters and these are only permitted to travel from Sanctuary Cove to the NSW border and as far west as Nerang - generally they are meant for coastal use.

If you hire a 50cc you could check out the walking track at the National Park on Burleigh headland.

However if you have a bike licence and hire a 200 or 300cc scooter you can go to walking tracks at Springbrook, Tamborine, Natural Arch, etc. Yes, its possible to ride to Nimbin too.

Take care on the mountain roads though, particularly the road to Springbrook if you choose to go there.

melbourne
Level Contributor
6,751 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Scooters on the Gold Coast

thats good info to know nessie,as my son and friend are looking at hiring such when we are in Coolangatta next.

3. Re: Scooters on the Gold Coast

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 20 March 2011, 04:17