We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Restaurants - which ones to choose ? Help ! ....

Which Gold Coast hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Leeds, United...
Level Contributor
599 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Restaurants - which ones to choose ? Help ! ....

Am thinking about the following restaurants for our fast approaching trip. However, we only have 5 nights (and 2 children in tow) so which ones are our best options ?

Vie Restaurant - we are staying at the Palazzo Versace so thought this would be a good one to choose as after a day out sightseeing, we would be able to just relax a bit.

Chiang Mai Thai - We love thai food so wondered if this would be a good choice ? Or is there a better Thai ?

Alfresco on Elson - the kids love italian so this one would be for them. Again unless anyone can recommend a better one. Did look at Fellini ristorante but they don't seem to do Pizza for the kids so thats out.

Champagne Brasserie - really like the look of the menu here. Just wondering if it's really formal ?

Benihana Japanese Steakhouse Surfers Paradise Marriott Resort & Spa - We have a Teppanyaki near where we live and the kids love it however, can't seem to find the menu for this and am concerned that it will be over priced due to it's location.

My Olivers Kitchen - Just sounds really relaxed and not as expensive as most of the others I seem to be looking at. Especially given the fact that its gonna be just before we fly home :(

Any suggestions ?

Thanks

Gold Coast...
Level Contributor
787 posts
115 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Restaurants - which ones to choose ? Help ! ....

Hi there,

Don't know about Vie as haven't eaten there but seems like a good plan to have somewhere handy to eat on an evening you don't feel like "going out".

IMO there are better Thai restaurants around but Chiang Mai is popular. Kin Kao restaurant in Robina (about 10 mins drive from Broadbeach) serves up some great food. Its BYO.

Not sure about Alfresco on Elston - apparently there are two Alfresco restaurants near each other and I've heard good reports about one, but unforunately don't know which one. I have an Italian chef at home (hubby)so never eat Italian when dining out :)

Definitely try Champagne Brasserie - nothing is "formal" on the Gold Coast and children are welcomed there.

Benihanas is fantastic. Fabulous atmosphere, great food and the kids will love it. Of course prices will depend on what you order. Chicken and beef are way cheaper than the seafood banquets. From memory prices start at around $30 upwards but its is surely worth it.

No idea about Olivers Kitchen.

Hope this is (a little) helpful.

Leeds, United...
Level Contributor
599 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Restaurants - which ones to choose ? Help ! ....

Thanks, that's fantastic & really helpful. It's always good to get some opinions ! Think I will definately pay the Teppanyaki a visit !

It's just so hard choosing the others !

Wellington, New...
Destination Expert
for Wellington, Bay of Islands
Level Contributor
10,073 posts
206 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Restaurants - which ones to choose ? Help ! ....

You are staying at the Versace and worried about Surfers Paradise restaurant prices !!!!!!

Gold Coast
Level Contributor
20 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Restaurants - which ones to choose ? Help ! ....

Might depend on budget, but I tell those visiting the Gold Coast to give the Four Winds Revolving Restaurant a try.

http://www.fourwindsrestaurant.com.au/

Bill

5. Re: Restaurants - which ones to choose ? Help ! ....

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 27 October 2012, 10:22