We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Best Place for Fresh Oysters?

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
807 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
Best Place for Fresh Oysters?

Hi all,

I will be visiting the Gold Coast soon and am hoping to eat some great seafood.

I see seafood places like the Gold Coast Fisherman's Co-Operative and Peters Fish Market that sell prawns, crabs, fish, bugs, etc., but don't see any mention of oysters (or do they sell oysters too?). Where do you guys recommend as the best places for fresh oysters?

Thanks for your help!

Brisbane, Australia
Destination Expert
for Brisbane, Noosa
Level Contributor
5,918 posts
153 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Best Place for Fresh Oysters?

Charis seafoods has good seafood and oysters. I have bought oysters from

Peters but it was awhile ago, I'd be surprised if they dont still sell them. I have never seen oysters at the trawlers, however the prawns are sensational..

Gold Coast...
Level Contributor
787 posts
119 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Best Place for Fresh Oysters?

Agree with surfoz ... Charis are one of the best.

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
807 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Best Place for Fresh Oysters?

Thanks! Does it matter which store (Robina or Labrador) one would purchase seafood from? Are there any other recommendations too? Thank you!

Mentioned in this post
Robina
Robina
Gold Coast, Australia
Labrador
Labrador
Gold Coast, Australia
4. Re: Best Place for Fresh Oysters?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 21 October 2012, 16:17