We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

need help finding private dining restaurant, silver service!

Motueka, New Zealand
6 posts
Save Topic
need help finding private dining restaurant, silver service!

okay we are all coming over to surfers to celebrate my dads 60th,from nz

there r 6 adults and 3 children under 5.

this is the absolute ideal,

we are after a lunch on a tuesday, since we got 3 little ones lunch is better than dinner, we are gonna get a limo to get to the restaurant so some where more than 15mins away is best i am more than happy to do brisbane which is an hour from surfers i think, gives time to get a good ride in the limo, we are after a place that has silver service,price doesnt matter just amazing service and great food. also we are after a place with private dining, with 3 little 1s we find private dining stress free as they can run around our room while we enjoy, rather than chasing them all over the place, dad loves seafood so somewhere that specializise in seafood but also offers other great options as no1 else eats seafood excpet dad,

i know this is a lot to ask for but as i said this is the ideal, but the importants are private dining and silversrevice ( friendly not snoby) and great food, thanks guys!!!! so many opinions about doing online what experts consider the best the customers dont always agree,

so im asking the people! thanks guys!!!!!!!

he is a special man and all he wants on his bday is a nice lunch so we wanna 11/10 place

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
98 posts
51 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: need help finding private dining restaurant, silver service!

As an ex-brisbanite, the Sirromet Winery restaurant Lurleens was a favourite for our family special occasions. It's located in between the Gold Coast and Brisbane. Just had a quick look at their website and they still have the same chef who has a fantastic reputation for seafood, but they do lots of other food well too. The main dining room is huge, with great views - have eaten there many times with kids - but they also do functions/weddings so I'm sure they'd also have private dining rooms. Definitely high end food and good service. I'm sure others will have suggestions in Bris itself, but I thought of this place because it was always my dad's favourite :-)

www.sirromet.com/restaurant-lurleens.html

Moreton Island...
Level Contributor
6,622 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: need help finding private dining restaurant, silver service!

Suggest Georges Paragon Waterfront restaurant at Sanctuary Cove. Great spot overlooking the water and marina.

It's a while since we've been there, but always found the seafood fresh and tasty.

You can sit inside or out, but can't tell you if they have private rooms.

Also re Sirromet - Lurleens, we love the position at Mt Cotton, but last time we visited on a Sunday it was so soo crowded. I didn't think they were open on a Tuesday lunchtime. Suggest you check.

Gold Coast
Destination Expert
for Ko Pha Ngan, Ko Samui, Thailand
Level Contributor
26,007 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: need help finding private dining restaurant, silver service!

This might help for the car:

groupon.com.au/deals/…

christchurch nz
Level Contributor
18 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: need help finding private dining restaurant, silver service!

aw i know they look so lovely, but they dont do a tuesday lunch :( i was gutted

thank u thou:)

Motueka, New Zealand
6 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: need help finding private dining restaurant, silver service!

this is me by the way u was using my hubby sign in

Motueka, New Zealand
6 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: need help finding private dining restaurant, silver service!

oh and george paragon apparently has a private room but there website is under construction so no option of pics or anything of the room :(

i am looking at custom house they have a private room has any1 dining there? silver service? good food?

also alchemy has a private room can any1 comment on there service and food?

also brents dining experience i see white table cloths in pic which is a good start, also have private room' and moo moo private room also,

any1 been 2 any of these? which 1 is more fine dining best service and food

Gold Coast
Destination Expert
for Ko Pha Ngan, Ko Samui, Thailand
Level Contributor
26,007 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: need help finding private dining restaurant, silver service!

Maybe post under Brisbane Forum for better feedback on Brisbane restaurants.

Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
4,134 posts
91 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: need help finding private dining restaurant, silver service!

I've replied to your other thread.

ps. There is more than one Georges Paragon - I think there are 4 or 5 now. I am referring to the one in Brisbane, although we have been to the Sanctuary Cove one many times & I dont recall seeing any private rooms there either.

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
98 posts
51 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: need help finding private dining restaurant, silver service!

Shame about lurleens. I know the Customs House very well and have been to many events there, but also a few years back now. Definitely a beautiful venue and the private dining rooms are very posh with silver service. It's a heritage listed building, with a lovely old timber staircase and antique furnishings. Perfect setting on the Brisbane river looking out to the Story Bridge, so drinks on the balcony before lunch are nice. Food was always good, but I'd see what reviews you can find for their public restaurant, since the food for the private rooms will come out of the same kitchen. Post on the Brisbane site - it's a popular venue for weddings so people will give you views on the food I'm sure.

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
98 posts
51 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: need help finding private dining restaurant, silver service!

Meant to say I've also been to Brents more recently. Sensational food. Customs House has more 'wow' as a venue in my opinion.... depends what's most important. Good luck.

Get answers to your questions about Gold Coast