We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Tropical Fruit World....

Dunedin, New Zealand
Level Contributor
132 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Tropical Fruit World....

We are thinking of driving from Broadbeach to tropical fruit world... is it off the beaten track and hard to find ?...

Moreton Island...
Level Contributor
6,622 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Tropical Fruit World....

It shouldn"t be difficult to find, it's off the Pacific Highway south of Tweed Heads, at Duranbah.

Check RACQ travel planner for directions

racq.com.au/travel/…trip_planner

enjoy your holiday LTB

Sydney, Australia
Destination Expert
for Sydney, New South Wales, Cruises
Level Contributor
11,467 posts
147 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Tropical Fruit World....

I have been there a few years ago but don't recommend it.

TBH, you'll see more varieties of fruit at a fruit market.

But if it's a drive down the highway and out of the city that you're after, then go for it.

Auckland, New...
Level Contributor
111 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Tropical Fruit World....

It was closed due to flooding the last week of January. May pay to phone them and check if ok now.

Dunedin, New Zealand
Level Contributor
132 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Tropical Fruit World....

Hi Gran... did you go ?... and did you enjoy it.

South Pacific
Destination Expert
for Hobart, Tasmania
Level Contributor
26,534 posts
75 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Tropical Fruit World....

I've been there a few times over the years with kids and quite enjoyed it. It's a working farm and has a wide range of fruits - but what they have depends on the season.

They used to have a tractor pulling a trailer around the farm for you to ride in, but I think Occ Health & Safety has killed that off. There's now a mini-train and a barge on the river at the bottom of the hill.

I like it. :)

Edit: and there's a location map on the website with instructions how to get there. tropicalfruitworld.com.au/maps/location.asp

Luigi

Edited: 09 February 2012, 23:16
Gold Coast Qld
Level Contributor
279 posts
74 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Tropical Fruit World....

I took some interstate friends there recently I hadn't been for years I thought it was a bit expensive for what it is, they take you on a train around the plantation where they point out all the different types of fruit. Down at the bottom you then board a boat around a man made lake see all the wildlife , at the end taste and purchase some of the fruits.

Personally, better off spending same money at Currumbin wildlife sanctuary/sea world or the likes!

Auckland, New...
Level Contributor
111 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Tropical Fruit World....

Couldn't get there because of the flooding, and Tropical Fruit World was closed due to the flooding - No, we didn't get there.

8. Re: Tropical Fruit World....

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12 June 2013, 16:22