We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Visit Gold Coast, 6 adult + 1 child (2 Yrs Old) for 6 days

Kuala Lumpur...
1 post
Save Topic
Visit Gold Coast, 6 adult + 1 child (2 Yrs Old) for 6 days

We will visit gold coast on 12/9/2012.

May I know:

1) What place MUST go?

2) Should I hire a car for my trip?

3) The theme park / tourism spot got FREE car parking?

Thanks

Broadford, Australia
Destination Expert
for Melbourne
Level Contributor
1,969 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Visit Gold Coast, 6 adult + 1 child (2 Yrs Old) for 6 days

Check out the FAQ in top questions about Gold Coast to help you decide what interests you.

Car hire would depend on what you want to do and where you are staying. You will need to book a car seat for the 2 year old and also a 'people mover' vehicle for that number of people.

Yes, there is free parking at the theme parks. That would be the only free thing all day IMHO!

Australia
Level Contributor
4,089 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Visit Gold Coast, 6 adult + 1 child (2 Yrs Old) for 6 days

Welcome to Tripadvisor and the Gold Coast forums! :)

(1) What are you interested in seeing/doing? There are the theme parks (i.e. Dreamworld, Movieworld, Seaworld, Wet 'n' Wild, and White Water World), of course, but then, there are national parks, beaches, etc. to enjoy. It really just depends on what your interests are.

(2) Yes, agree with Unclefey - You'd be looking at a Tarago or something similar, as they can fit 7 people, but, whether you should hire a car is dependent firstly on how comfortable you are with driving. If you're not, I would just take public transport (but then, choose a hotel that's closeby to bus stops, so, you can get around easier), but, if you are, it's a good option for a lot of people, as you can up and leave anytime you want.

(3) Yes, free parking at the theme parks, and plenty of spaces too. For other places, it depends on where you're going. If you're going to Surfers Paradise, then, there's usually pay-parking.

Good luck with your planning and have a GREAT time on the Gold Coast! :)

Edited: 20 March 2012, 23:47
Sydney, Australia
Destination Expert
for Sydney, Uluru-Kata Tjuta National Park, Business Travel, New South Wales
Level Contributor
30,184 posts
1,433 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Visit Gold Coast, 6 adult + 1 child (2 Yrs Old) for 6 days

Hi,

For accomadation look into -

wotif.com/hotels/australia-qld-broadbeach-ho…

Having a car is easier on the Gold Coast than relying on public transport.

Car rentals are available at Coolangatta Airport ie. Budget / Thrifty / Avis

thrifty.com.au/australia/…

http://www.airportrentacar.com.au/gold-coast/

Free parking is available for Theme Parks.

4. Re: Visit Gold Coast, 6 adult + 1 child (2 Yrs Old) for 6 days

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 23 March 2013, 09:23