We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

transportation from Brisbane to Gold Coast

Which Gold Coast hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
colorado
Level Contributor
54 posts
1 review
Save Topic
transportation from Brisbane to Gold Coast

My wife and I will be arriving in Brisbane on March 16, 2013. We plan on spending a week in the Gold Coast. What public transportation is available between Brisbane and the Gold Coast? We both like to hang out at the beach--in fact, I met my wife on Manhattan Beach in Southern California in 1967. We are both 70 and always make our own travel arrangements. We just returned from a 7 day bike tour in southern Italy. Last year we went to Bora Bora/Moorea and the year before did a safari in Tanzania. We are budget travels and prefer to stay in 2/3/4 star accommodations. Any recommendations pertainng to what beaches to visit and or lodging would be most appreciated. We would prefer to spend about $150/night on lodging. I think that Trip-Advisor is the best for planing a trip and we have received excellent advice for all of our trips. Thanks.

Wellington, New...
Destination Expert
for Wellington, Bay of Islands
Level Contributor
10,073 posts
206 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: transportation from Brisbane to Gold Coast

If you are going straight to the GC from the airport or travelling down after a stay in Brisbane I would suggest you catch the train down to the Coast. It is efficient and extremely painless. Depending where you are staying on the coast you would travel to Helensvale, Nerang or Robina. You could catch a cab from any of these stations or a bus which will take you pretty much to where your accomodation is.

http://translink.com.au/

Edited: 21 May 2012, 01:01
Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
806 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: transportation from Brisbane to Gold Coast

A trip in March next year might be too early for hotel rates for some places, but $150 per night is going to offer you quite a bit of choice, I'd imagine. You will surely be able to do a lot better than a 2 or even 3 star place.

Are you after hotels or apartments? Apartments (even if you never make use of the kitchen) are often good value for money, particularly for longer stays like a week. You get extra space that a hotel wouldn't offer.

I know Meriton Apartments in Broadbeach has released rates already for next year. Their studio apartment with ocean views (cheaper if you don't go for oceanviews, but then you face the highway instead) will be under $150 per night. You can also get their 1-bedroom apartment, but it will see you paying $150 per night for some nights. Also, they get very good reviews around here too.

Best place to get a list of accommodation is www.wotif.com/ They don't have your dates yet, but you should be able to narrow down some choices from there to compare and examine reviews.

Have a nice time!

Edited: 21 May 2012, 01:14
Sydney/Melbourne
Level Contributor
18,045 posts
74 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: transportation from Brisbane to Gold Coast

March 16 is a quiet time and just before the Easter rush. If you leave your booking till closer to the date, you should pick up something much better than 2 or 3* for $150.

Have a look at www.wotif.com to see what is available.

As for location, it depends on what you are looking for. If you want to be right in the hub of the busy, touristy areas surrounded by bars and restaurants, then go for Surfers Paradise.

If you prefer to stay somewhere quieter, then perhaps somewhere like Broadbeach would be more your taste. Still plenty to do but not quite as frenetic as SP.

Also consider Byron Bay or the Sunshine Coast as an alternative or in addition to the Gold Coast.

colorado
Level Contributor
54 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: transportation from Brisbane to Gold Coast

Thanks to each of you for your suggestions.

Manila, Philippines
1 post
Save Reply
5. Re: transportation from Brisbane to Gold Coast

I'm staying at grand chancellor hotel of suffer paradise on Dec 21, 2013, We are party of 3 adults and 1 Child Will arrive around 20:00 via Malaysia Airline will go straight to Gold Coast. What is the best way to get to my Hotel.

Level Contributor
1,651 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: transportation from Brisbane to Gold Coast

You can catch the AirTrain (last train departs from Brisbane International Airport at 10:02) to Nerang Station, and from Nerang Station, take the bus (like bus #745) to the bus stop at Peninsular Drive near Remembrance Drive in Surfers Paradise. From there, it should be under 10 minutes walk to your hotel.

If you want to cut the hassle out, you can go for private coach transfer with a company like Con-X-ion who usually provide door-to-door service.

Otherwise, if you are comfortable with driving, you can hire a car and drive to the Gold Coast yourself.

7. Re: transportation from Brisbane to Gold Coast

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 18 June 2014, 07:36