We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Robina Town or Pacific Fair

Level Contributor
25 posts
Save Topic
Robina Town or Pacific Fair

I have only a day to do shopping in Gold Coast. Should it be Robina Town or Pacific Fair? Heard these malls are massive, and unlikely I can visit both in a day. Please advise.

Canberra, Australia
Level Contributor
791 posts
684 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Robina Town or Pacific Fair

Pacific Fair is close to Broadbeach. It is older and a lot of it is in open air. Robina is pretty much all under one roof. A lot of the shops/franchises are similar. Parking is pretty simple for both. Yes, both are pretty big.

What are you looking for in particular? Where will you be based?

If coming from southern end of GC, Robina is probably easiest to get to. If from Surfers, probably Pacific Fair.

Robina better in wet weather.

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
2,470 posts
288 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Robina Town or Pacific Fair

They are massive by Gold Coast standards, but probably not by Singaporean standards! Really they are just like any other big shopping centre, and in one day you should be able to visit both, especially on a Thursday or Friday when there is late night shopping.

Robina Town Centre has undergone a recent expansion, and would probably be my preference, but there are also some interesting shops at Pacific Fair.

You could catch the 750 bus between the two, or even better if you have a rental car or are happy to catch a taxi.

There is also HarbourTown in Biggera Waters which has many factory outlets. I haven't been there and suspect it may not be hugely popular, but it's one other option for you.

Sydney, Australia
Destination Expert
for Sydney, Uluru-Kata Tjuta National Park, Business Travel, New South Wales
Level Contributor
30,711 posts
1,661 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Robina Town or Pacific Fair

They are NOT massive & nothing compared to Singapore for shopping !

Edited: 12 July 2012, 02:52
Level Contributor
1,651 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Robina Town or Pacific Fair

Thursday is late night shopping, and not Fridays. Pacific Fair and Robina both open until 9PM, but some other shopping malls close earlier than that on Thursdays like Harbour Town (which closes at 7PM on Thursdays).

Supermarkets will have different hours and are the only shops (apart from convenience stores, perhaps) that open later than anyone else usually.

Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
375 posts
115 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Robina Town or Pacific Fair

Pacific Fair isn't much these days, I was there recently and it wasn't brilliant. Seemed like they gave up a bit. We went out to Robina Town Centre had planned on making "a day" of it, needless to say we were done in about 2 hours. Shopping Centres by design nowadays are getting all pretty much the same, so chances are if you are coming from Singapore you will not really find much magic in either location.

The only place I can usually be sure to find at least something I want to buy is round at HarbourTown, down the other end of the coast.

Rotorua, New Zealand
Level Contributor
273 posts
757 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Robina Town or Pacific Fair

We recently shopped at all 3 of the shopping centres, Pacific Fair, Robina and Harbour Town. Must admit we prefer Robina and Harbour Town. Pacific Fair is seeming quite dated and harder to find way around. And I agree Robina would be better in wet weather as it is all indoors. Harbourtown has many bargains to be had, but just watch currency converion etc. But most of the shopping centres have same or similar shops anyway. I hope you enjoy your shopping.

7. Re: Robina Town or Pacific Fair

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 17 July 2013, 20:18
Follow this conversation!
Get notified when a new reply comes in.
Follow now