We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

3D2N in Gold Coast (Public Transport)

Which Gold Coast hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Singapore
Level Contributor
34 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
3D2N in Gold Coast (Public Transport)

Hi,

I will be travelling to Gold Coast from Sydney (15 to 17 Nov 2012).

Will be staying at Vibe Hotel Gold Coast and we do not know how to drive. Will require your advise on the public transport to take.

Can anyone advise me on the public transport to take for the below route:

Day 1 (Thursday) - Gold Coast Coolangatta Airport >>>Vibe Hotel Gold Coast >>>DreamWorld>>>Vibe Hotel>>>Centro Surfer Paradise>>>Vibe Hotel

Day 2 (Friday) - Vibe Hotel >>> Movie World >>> Vibe Hotel >>> Surfers Paradise Beachfront Market >>> Vibe Hotel

Is the Centro Surfer Paradise and the Surfers Paradise Beachfront Market within walking distance to the Vibe Hotel Gold Coast?

Is the Gold Coast tourist shuttle a good way for me to travel around for the above route?

Appreciate your response and thanks in advance!

Level Contributor
1,651 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: 3D2N in Gold Coast (Public Transport)

Are you on a budget? I do not recommend you purchasing the GC Tourist Shuttle Bus pass, as it is far too expensive, especially for your plans. If you were travelling a lot, then, it might be okay, but, I think you'll be wasting money. Just pay for the bus rides instead with cash to the driver when boarding (or purchase a Go Card, which means cheaper bus fares, but not sure if it is worth it, if you are only on the GC for two days).

GC Airport to Vibe Hotel: Take bus #702 from outside the domestic arrivals area at GC Airport. It will cost you less than $8.00 per adult/one-way. I imagine that you will drop off your luggage at the hotel first. The bus stop you need to get off at is one of the central spots in Surfers Paradise. Ask the bus driver if you are not sure, but, you should see the hotel when you are coming close.

Pick up this free booklet when you arrive at GC Airport (you can pick it up from the GC Tourist Shuttle Bus counter, along with free tourist brochures and booklets with discounts in them): http://www.gcshuttle.com.au/sit_gcs_gag.htm (The link to the 'Get Around Guide' booklet is at the bottom of the page). I find it to be very helpful, as you can follow along how many areas you need to pass through from the Airport before you reach Surfers Paradise.

From the bus stop outside the Vibe Hotel, you can take bus #TX2 to Dreamworld. From Dreamworld to Vibe Hotel, take the same bus back to Surfers Paradise. You can take the same bus for Movieworld because the #TX2 will take you to Movieworld before it reaches Dreamworld.

When you are coming back from the theme parks, or if you need to go to the Airport from Vibe Hotel, the bus stop is across the road and down past Mantra Circle on Cavill. Look at the bus timetables for information when buses are arriving.

You can walk to the shopping mall, but, do not just stick with Centro, as you will see plenty of shops in the Surfers Paradise area.

Yes, both the markets and Centro are within walking distance. I don't think there is anywhere in Surfers Paradise that you can't reach by walking - It is not a very huge area.

Edited: 27 August 2012, 12:27
Singapore
Level Contributor
34 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: 3D2N in Gold Coast (Public Transport)

Hi,

Thanks so much for the comprehensive info. Totally answers my concerns.

Cheers =)

Singapore
Level Contributor
34 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: 3D2N in Gold Coast (Public Transport)

Hi,

Do you know how long is the travelling time approximately for:

- Gold Coast Coolangatta Airport to Vibe Hotel Gold Coast

- Vibe Hotel Gold Coast to Dreamworld/Movie World

- Vibe Hotel to the Beachfront Markets

Thanks & Regards

Level Contributor
1,651 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: 3D2N in Gold Coast (Public Transport)

Airport to Vibe Hotel: Just under 50 minutes with public bus #702

Vibe Hotel to Movieword: Just under 30 minutes with public bus #TX2

Vibe Hotel to Dreamworld: Just under 40 minutes with public bus #TX2

The above journey times may sound long, but, you'll notice that a lot of tourists catch the bus, and many will board at the bus stop you'll be using too (the one next to the Vibe Hotel).

Vibe Hotel to beachfront markets: Around 5-10 minutes walk away (really depends on which end of the markets you're starting from - you can't miss them, as the stalls are in a line in front of the beach)

Edited: 28 August 2012, 07:03
Singapore
Level Contributor
34 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: 3D2N in Gold Coast (Public Transport)

Hi,

Noted with thanks. The journey time helps me to plan my timing.

Cheers

Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
20 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: 3D2N in Gold Coast (Public Transport)

Hi, Sorry to interupt in.

I need to check on the transport too..

I will be at Gold coast for 5days.

I will be staying at Mantra Legend , and I thinking to purchase the GC Airport transport & Gold pass.

You ref to the bus #702, it will stops at Centre area, what abt the GC aiport tft, does it stop at directly at Mantra Legend?

I bring my kids along, so I looking for a convenience transport.

Singapore
1 post
Save Reply
7. Re: 3D2N in Gold Coast (Public Transport)

Hi there.

I will be heading down to Gold Coast on 3rd Sept 2012.

Will probably head down to Sea World direct from GC Airport.

Anybody, please advise which is the best option to go from the airport to Sea World?

Going to stay in Beachcomber Resort Surfers Paradise..

What is the cheapest and fastest way to get back to the resort..?

( I have been reading alot of negative feedback about Beachcomber.., getting a bit scared as I sent them couple of emails for 2 weeks requesting for early check in, but none replied )

8. Re: 3D2N in Gold Coast (Public Transport)

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post has been removed at the author's request. The author may post again if desired.

Posts on the TripAdvisor forums may be edited for a short period of time. Once the edit period has expired, authors may update their posts by removing and reposting them.

To read more about editing your posts, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/help/how_to_edit_your_posts

Removed on: 29 August 2012, 14:43
Level Contributor
1,651 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: 3D2N in Gold Coast (Public Transport)

Miguelong04, I personally find the Gold Pass to be a waste of money, but that is because I would not travel enough times to make it good value. I can not speak for others, as this is just my experience only.

If you are taking public bus #702, it is not going to drop you off outside the Mantra Legends Hotel, as it runs like a normal bus. The bus stop you need to get off at is 'Remembrance Drive at Markwell Avenue'. From there, you should be able to walk to your hotel in under 10 minutes walk away.

What you should do is look at the 'Journey Planner' on Translink's website: http://jp.translink.com.au/ It will give you route details, and also tell you how to get from the bus stop to your hotel (with Google Maps built in - very handy!).

Andrew L, you might as well go and drop off luggage at your hotel before you head for Sea World. The reason is because there is no direct bus from GC Airport to Sea World - You will have to transfer to the #750 bus in Surfers Paradise anyway.

From Sea World, just take bus #750 (this is the main option for Sea World) back to Surfers Paradise, and walk to your hotel from there.

Sorry, can not help you with Beachcomber, as I have never stayed there. Maybe keep trying to email or Skype them, if necessary.

Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
20 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: 3D2N in Gold Coast (Public Transport)

Hi Arisanosila,

Thanks a lot.