We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Time allowance between arrival and getting through customs

6 posts
Save Topic
Time allowance between arrival and getting through customs

Hi. My flight's ETA in Gold Coast airport is at 7:50am. What time should I book my car hire from Budget? Would booking it at 9:30am give sufficient time for us to get our luggage and go through immigration and customs?

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
1,332 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Time allowance between arrival and getting through customs

9.30 should be fine.

australia
Destination Expert
for New South Wales, Noosa
Level Contributor
3,267 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Time allowance between arrival and getting through customs

more than enough usually, last week the smart card queues were slow, faulty equip and i went thru the real person looks at your passport queue (which was probably busier than usual) and was still outside in 45 minutes of landing

Wellington, New...
Destination Expert
for Wellington, Bay of Islands
Level Contributor
10,102 posts
222 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Time allowance between arrival and getting through customs

The quickest time I have ever taken to get through Customs at an Australian airport was at Brisbane 15 minutes from Aircraft door to standing on the airtrain platform and that includes uplifting baggage off the carousel. All my biorythms were in line that day

Gold Coast
Level Contributor
5,818 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Time allowance between arrival and getting through customs

Depends on many things, but you should easily get through by 9.30

5. Re: Time allowance between arrival and getting through customs

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 09 September 2013, 10:16