We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Which theme park rides first?

Which Gold Coast hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
melbourne
Level Contributor
3,929 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Which theme park rides first?

Hi. We'll be on the Gold Coast in a couple of weeks for 12 nights. We are 2 adults and 2 kids ages 9 and 11, all (except maybe me!) are thrill ride lovers.

We will be doing all of the major theme parks. We have been before, but not for over 3 years. Just wondering which rides we should try to hit first thing (we will be there at opening), to avoid long lines.

Which are the newest and most popular rides at each park?

Thanks in advance, Sharon

Level Contributor
1,651 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Which theme park rides first?

Dreamworld will be the best for thrill rides. You could spend all day there, especially if you're one to hop on a ride over and over again. The newer ride there, I think would be the Buzz Saw ride. You simply can't miss it, as you'll see it when you approach Dreamworld.

For Movieworld, Superman is a must - the best at Movieworld, I think. Then, you have Arkham Asylum (a.k.a. Lethal Weapon revamped - Much better now because Lethal Weapon used to be a killer, literally! Your head now doesn't bounce from left to right like crazy like it used to, so, no worries about headaches). Green Lantern would be a newer ride, but I've never been on it, as everytime I was at Movieworld, it was closed. The newest ride is the Justice League 3D ride, which opened pretty recently - Wasn't open when I was there, so, can't comment.

Seaworld - If your family love the Dreamworld thrill rides, Seaworld will be a real disappointment in terms of speed on the rides (seeing the animals on the other hand is a different matter). The rollercoaster moves extremely slowly (good for first-timers though, but not good for those who've tackled all the major thrill rides at Dreamworld), but Jet Rescue is good - the best of the rides there.

I would make sure to get the theme park map AND the pamphlet with the show times on it for each theme park to enable you to plan the day and rides around any shows you want to see, so, you don't miss out on any 'must-sees' that would be of interest to you and your family.

melbourne
Level Contributor
3,929 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Which theme park rides first?

Thank you so much for that. I'm thinking maybe we'll do Seaworld first, so as to not be disappointed by the rides. Work our way up to the more extreme ones at Dreamworld. Gives me a good idea where we need to head when the parks open.

Sharon.

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
1,332 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Which theme park rides first?

There is the theory that when you arrive you should immediately make for the 'best' ride at the back of the park (ie. furthest from the entry gates), and then work your way towards the rides at the front of the park which will be less crowded at the end of the day. This is just one of the tips given by Theme Park Insider - the website relates to the Disney parks and other big USA theme parks, but most of their tips should work here too. www.themeparkinsider.com

Level Contributor
1,651 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Which theme park rides first?

I think that's a good plan, especially, if thrill rides are your main focus. I'd go to Seaworld, Movieworld, and then, Dreamworld.

melbourne
Level Contributor
3,929 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Which theme park rides first?

Thanks. Looking forward to it.

Sharon

6. Re: Which theme park rides first?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 04 November 2013, 10:18